Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleeez help me pick out a range/oven

Posted by AGK2003 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 10:41

we are currently looking for an all gas range for our kitchen reno (we will also have an electric single wall oven but will shop for that later). we would like a pro look but dont want to spend the big $$$. we thought we were settled on a thermador 30" pro harmony since they have a promo for a free dishwasher, however, there is no self clean feature which i sort of wanted. though i have heard that even if your oven has one you shouldn't use it b/c it shortens the life of the oven/ causes service issues?? i don't like the viking- my mom has one and i am just not a fan from using it. it's almost like the burners have one setting- high. wolf probably not an option because of the cost and is also not self clean. any suggestions? should we up to a 36"? i am thinking the increased oven space would be good but not sure it's a must. we currently have a non-pro kitchenaid range with 4 burners (2 are simmer only kind of annoying but i've gotten used to it) but the oven is large and works great. any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleeez help me pick out a range/oven

Well I like my wolf all gas.

o

how do you feel about not having a self clean cycle? is the interior hard to clean?

o

The top is easy I use surface wipes keeping the interior of oven door wiped down. I have not done a deep clean in the oven. It will be hard so ill hire someone to do this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here