Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Jenn Air fridge condenser cleaning and blown 20 amp circuit?

SparklingWater
9 years ago

I have a Jenn Air french door model JFC2290VEP7 purchased in 2013 and properly installed. We are doing other renovations and dust level is higher than usual, so I made a point of checking the condenser grilles.

First I turned off the new dedicated circuit breaker installed in 2013 (however, it's a GE panel and not marked "GE" on the breaker). Hmm. Then pulled off grilled, sure enough there was considerable dust (fridge had been running more than usual) and I proceeded to gently clean the condenser coils with a soft vacuum brush. Popped back on the grille cover and went to turn back on the circuit breaker and NO electricity to fridge on it's dedicated circuit. Checked the circuit breaker again, back and forth (noted some looseness to breaker) and nothing from this breaker. The 200 amp GE box is fairly new and nothing else is not working.

So plugged the fridge into a grounded kitchen outlet and power came on.

I've read through the JA fridge User Instructions, and can't see a reset control button that might be playing in here on this non working dedicated circuit breaker. Plus, why would it then power on. So doubt it's control panel override problem.

What's the likelihood of turning off a new breaker and it breaking? Coincidence or not? Thank you for any help.

This post was edited by SparklingWater on Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 10:29

Comments (3)