Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momotom_gw

Dishwasher Loading on Miele

momotom
15 years ago

Monaw,

Not sure why this site is not allowing me to respond to your response to your response. Thanks so much for the very complete response, I really appreciate it. Let me give you an example of my dilemma. I use a lot of cereal size and similar types of bowls. I have a KA now which has allows me to place them along the perimeter of the bottom rack (you may remember). With the Miele, would there be some kind of good place for these or is it a situation of one here, one there, one on the bottom, etc.?

momotom

Comments (5)

• monaw
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Momotom, don't know what's up with the post situation either! Lucky I looked back to the latest posts. Some of my bowls that I use are thick too. First of all, to try and answer your question, YES THERE IS ROOM in the bottom with a space in the back of my rack and I do put my thick bowls on their sides down there all the time. Mine has TWO rows of tines near the back which both let down flat if need be. I can put huge bowls or you could put lots of bowls there as well and "piggyback" them. There's just all kinds of options. I was surprised because to look inside it seems rather "simple" The top rack also has adjustable tines which I did not discover right away. I was delighted when I finally noticed them!
    (ah...the things that make one happy) :)
    I can honestly tell you that if I have never had a dishwasher (probably 10 or so in my lifetime when you count the moves) that has held as many dishes that I can get into this dishwasher! And, I have never had a problem fitting any shape of dish in there either. You would think a Woman designed this dishwasher, let's put it that way! My sister-in-law has an 9 year old Miele that was the least expensive model back then and she has had 0 problems and it still runs like new. (My last Maytag lasted 4 years.)
    It is EXTREMELY user friendly in that I think Miele took into accountability (CLEVERLY I might add) the needs of the customer. When I go to other peoples houses and help with dishes after using mine, I really feel sorry for them, because they have no idea what they're missing. Another of sister-in-law of mine had a Bosch and to me it was a joke compared to the Miele!
    It will take a little time for your brain to switch over to how it works best to load it, because it has the capabilities that others don't. Soon you will be going, "Wow- I can't believe how much this thing holds" If you take more time of course you can fit more in it. When I entertain the thing is often loaded down to the gills and everything always comes out perfectly clean.
    Now, a bit of advice if you should go with the Miele. You MUST have a qualified certified Miele guy to install. Drainage problems have been an issue for the ones installed improperly, as well as stinky smells. lol
    The guy who installed mine worked for Viking for 15 years by the way.
    (He said Miele made the best dishwashers and clothes washers and dryers)
    He said NEVER use liquid detergent or those "packs", and he said to measure exactly 1 tablespoon of Cascade and no more. Keep Jetdry in it,
    and then to clean it set a cup of Tang on the shelf and run it though an empty dishwasher. Mine is three years old and I've never had to do that. It looks brand new on the inside with no mineral deposits. Using too much detergent is not a good thing. Also, if a little water on your plastic bugs you, open it up after it has been finished drying for a while and crack the door and leave it. BUT wait until it cools off a little before opening because that can cause glasses to get milky if you do it right away when they're steaming hot. I guess the more expensive models dry a little better but I still have a little wet plastic and some water in "dips", etc. Doesn't bother me.
    Anyway there's my two cents and I hope I've helped you come to the right decision! I am in the process of choosing double ovens right now and I feel your pain! I've probably taken a couple of years off my life! :)
    I'm have finally decided today to go with Miele . I also have their vacuum and I love that too.
    Good luck!

• User
    15 years ago

hi monaw, what's that about the "Tang?"--i don't get it.

thanks for your post. i'm getting the optima in january and am intersted, too, in all the little details of using it, whether to maximize efficiency or prolonging its life.

• monaw
    15 years ago

There are some other posts are Gardenweb- you can do a "search the forum" on the bottom of the appliance page for "Tang in dishwasher" and look through those but here's a link with some other tips along with the Tang trick:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2002482_clean_dishwasher.html
    My Miele guy told me to put about a half cup in the top rack and I can't remember if he said in the dispenser as well, but makes sense to do both I guess. Some folks are saying "in the dispenser"
    It's the acid in the Tang that cleans the dishwasher. (Just think what it does for your insides! lol)
    Congrats on your decision. Wise choice!!

• User
    15 years ago

that is some crazy, tang, huh? thanks for the heads up. :)

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Tang is not concentrated enough. Use dishwasher magic or the Miele product for cleaning the DW. I use these products twice a year at most.

Good luck!

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone