Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most reliable 36 inch range?

Posted by heidia (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 9:34

Now that I have gotten over the sticker shock of the 36 inch ranges, I might be willing to invest more if I know it will last forever...I am tempted to order one of the ranges that is more affordable, but I might also be willing to invest more if it means less repair/never having to replace it...

Would love to hear your experiences in repairs for your 36 inch ranges...have you had any? None? Trying to find the brands least likely to need repairs/less frequent repairs atleast...
thx!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most reliable 36 inch range?

What ever you get with the fewest bells and whistles, the least electronics. In general if you want the "most reliable" then buy a refurbished 1950s gas stove, Wedgewood or O'Keeffe & Merritt. Even though already 60 years old will still outlast anything built today.

o
RE: Most reliable 36 inch range?

second the recommendation on a 50's vintage range. Built like tanks, very simple design, not much to go wrong and pretty much nothing does, save perhaps the electric clock needing rebuilding every 20 years. As a bonus, everything still works when the power goes out. We had a Caloric that was pretty much pristine after 50 years of daily use. (That said, I just ordered the CC for the new kitchen--but I don't expect it to be as reliable.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here