Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckymom_gw

Miele DW - need advice on similar model to original

luckymom
11 years ago

We had a water leak about 3 weeks ago. Emergency restoration crew cracked the frame on my 10 year old Miele G829sciplus (Touchtronic Ultra, if that helps any). Has the water heater. softener, etc. Found out the crack can't be fixed. They don't sell that part, and the longer this goes on the madder I'm getting about it. The "independent" adjuster from the insurance company dealing with our claim, swears I can get the "same" thing for $1800. Considering it was $1700 plus $300 for installation 10 years ago, I doubt that. It was top of the line when I got it. Appliance store says comparable is $2400- $2700. Anyone here have any idea?

I'd probably live with the crack, but we kept warning them to be careful, DW was expensive, etc. Of course, the guy ripping out the cabinets response was we do this all the time- Yeah, but NOT on a Miele with screws on the side. Tore off the side metal shim, along with the crack (black sticky tape is left on half the side of the DW) I don't think I should have to live with a damaged appliance that could have been avoided. Let the insurance company duke it out with the liability company for the emergency crew.

Comments (2)