Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good 30 inch CD refrigerator/freezers?

Posted by Winni35 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 8:03

I'm having trouble finding a 30 CD refrigerator/freezer that is less money than the SubZero but also is good quality. Does it exist? There's a good Fisher Paykel but it is 31.5 inches - I have exactly 30 inches of space. Also you can't put the integrated panel on it, which I would like to do. But I'll go with stainless steel as the trade off it there's a good model in the Fisher Paykel price range (around $1800 versus over $7000 for a SZ). Thanks for any help. I have to finalize my kitchen plan soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good 30 inch CD refrigerator/freezers?

I was hoping to find a 30" W, CD, as well, but I was not able to find anything. I did find a KitchenAid FD that is a little over 29" W, but it's standard depth. The reason you probably won't find a CD 30"W is because the space inside would be very minimal. I'm able to open up my back wall & slide the fridge back 4 inches, making it almost CD! I don't have the model # w/ me at this moment, but can come back here to post if you're interested in the KA.

For what it's worth, I've not heard good things about FP. Do a search on here to see what's being said about them.

If you find any different information on a 30" CD fridge/freezer, please let me know!

Thanks!

o

I don't know if it's good yet, because it's not installed, but I ordered the Blomberg BRFB1800IM. It seems very well made, and I like the organization of the freezer, because I hate the pull-out drawer on the bottom of these. Will give a fuller report once I've used it for a couple months.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blomberg 30

o

I have a 30" fully integrated Liebherr that I love.
They also make a 30" freestanding that is counter depth I believe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Liebherr

o

Thanks so much for the responses. I wasn't aware of bad reviews for Fisher Paykel - but they sure do get dumped on for the wide variation in temperature, which is basically what you count on NOT having in a refrigerator! I'm going to check out the Libherr. SZ gets more space with the same width is because of their height. I may end up buying the SZ and saving money somewhere else instead. But will check out Liebherr first... Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here