Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carda_gw

Help me choose a wall oven

Carda
11 years ago

I am wavering between the Electrolux Pro 30 and the GE Profile. (The Monogram is just a little too expensive, though I like its looks.) I'd like to spend $2500 or less.

Any suggestions? Reliability is a priority!

Comments (10)

• MaryOne
    11 years ago

Carda,
    I like my Bosch. I bought 3 Bosch products so I was able to get a great price. I believe the 500 model is quite a bit less than $2500 without the discount. Seems to be a preference for the 500 series as the pricier 800 model touch panel has proven problematic to some reviewers. These ovens are
    large capacity in the 30" model which is also nice (4.7 cubic feet, I think).

So far my oven works wonderfully, has everything appreciable to a chef or baker kitchen, including fast pre-heat and 16 cooking modes including European convection, sabbath, dehydrate, pie, roasting and includes a meat probe. I think it's made in the U.S., it's essentially the same oven as the Thermador but less expensive and without the blue lights. I have it below an induction cooktop.

I love the telescopic rack. Not all models come with one but with the price savings you can buy one or more separately. I think the GE Monogram includes 3 telescopic racks which is part of why it's so pricey ... they run $175 to $250 each, yet I think are worth it.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

I have Elux non-Icon double wall ovens with Wavetouch. Love them. The double is a little over your budget, but the single should be OK, I think. The gliding racks extend far, and it comes with more than one. It has great features like Perfect Turkey and Bread Proofing. I've run the self clean cycle, and nothing broke. The fan that runs for a while after you turn off the oven is very, very quiet. The Wavetouch is nice because then you don't have all the controls glowing at you all the time - just the clock stays lit up when the oven is not in use. I chose Elux based on recommendations on this forum, and I'm glad I did.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

Its the right time of year to find the double oven GE Profile display units on clearance at HD & Lowes--typically around $2,000.

I have the Monogram and love it. DS has the Profile and she loves hers too. We both love to bake so performance is key. BTW, local GE dealer told us the Profile and Monogram ovens are the same "inside" they just have different looks.

Hope this helps!

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

Also, Sears usually runs their 50% off wall ovens sale in Oct. It's usually just a 1 day event, so check their website or call the store daily.

• Carda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maryone, Thanks for the Bosch mention! It hadn't been on my radar. I'll check it out. I love their dishwashers.

Ginny, I first saw the Electrolux here, too. If I get it, I'm going for the extended warranty, so I suppose I should factor an extra $200 - 300 in the price. I've heard such mixed reviews about their service, which is my only (rather large) hesitation with this oven. But the good things you say make me really want it, too!

mydreamhome, THANK YOU! I adore a deal. I'll check it out. Thank you, thank you! (I had a Profile before and it was great. I just didn't like the curved handle. I'd have just gotten the Monogram, which is the same oven but with good looks, except that it's $3500, which is a bigger budget stretch than I can do right now.)

• txjoyce
    11 years ago

Another happy Bosch owner - we have the 500 series double wall oven and it's been wonderful. Temps are even with no hot spots in the oven. Love the temperature probe and convection roast - perfect turkey.

• rhome410
    11 years ago

I was an unhappy GE/Monogram owner. I know lots of people who love their Elux and it was my 2nd choice when I got my Wolf to replace the Monogram.

• cj47
    11 years ago

I'm a happy Electrolux double oven owner, Wavetouch non-icon model. Those roll out racks are fabulous. I have found the ovens to bake evenly and are spot on in temperature. No problems with the self clean feature here.

Cj

• olivertwistkitchen
    11 years ago

May I hijack this thread? I am looking for an electric wall oven too, but to go under my cooktop. After cooking today I realized it was very difficult to fit so many things in the oven, and I'm not sure how to fix that. I only have 2 racks, so maybe just look at ovens with 3 racks? I don't care about convection one way or the other. I'm not a huge baker, maybe cookies or muffins once a month (or less). Just hoping that on big holidays I can fit as much as possible in it at a time, so I don't have to cook in stages like today. Also, I've seen in the KD showroom that the oven under the cooktop was in fact not too low down (not sure why, it was a Bosch), so I want to make sure I have the same set-up - don't want the handle to hit the floor when it opens. Any other guidance? Thanks.

• cj47
    11 years ago

Olivertwist, I think this thread might be a little too old to hijack. I'd advise starting a fresh thread for more input.

Sponsored
Bethel Builders, LLC
Average rating: 1 out of 5 stars1 Review
Prince William's Elite Remodeling and Construction Firm