Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cromanos_gw

Kenmore Elite 79023 Refrigerator

cromanos
10 years ago

We're remodeling our kitchen and severely limited in terms of dimensions - the widest door to the kitchen is 31" wide, so we're limited to a 31" refrigerator.

I found the Kenmore Elite 79023 (http://www.kenmore.com/kenmore-elite-22-cu-ft-bottom-freezer-refrigerator/p-04679023000P), which gets us 22 cu. ft. in an under 30" form factor, which is great for size, but I'm worried about quality.

This particular fridge is made by LG, per Sears, and Consumer Reports rates both LG and Kenmore fairly well overall (though not as highly as our first choice the Whirlpool Gold that we can't fit in).

That said, I don't have any experience with LG appliances, and Kenmore has been hit-and-miss for us - great washer and drier, total bust on a water heater.

This is a new model, just released earlier this month, it seems, so there's no user review info on it anywhere, and it doesn't even appear on LG's web site, so it may be something they only make for Sears.

So, any advice, from anyone who has more experience would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)