Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safe to buy online??

Posted by gdapuppyraiser (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 10, 09 at 2:13

I need to buy a Bosch dishwasher, a Sharp Microwave Drawer and a Wine Refrigerator. I looked online and found some good prices. The sites I found were appliancesconnection.com abnd savinglots.com. They were cheaper than the others, including us-appliances and ajmadison. Does anyone have anyexperience with either one? I don't want to make a mistake and order form a company that cannot be trusted.

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safe to buy online??

appliancesconnection.com's website is very very simular to AJ Madison.....could they be the same company under a different name?

I see they are only 1.8 miles from each other ...............lol if you look up AJ Madison reviews you will get a better understanding of who actually is appliancesconnection.com

Its pointless even commenting on savinglots.com they are not even an appliance, if you are shopping on price good luck with either if you want service look else where.

o

I purchased all my appliances on line which include a monogram refrig, beverage refrig, cooktop, GE monogram aventium oven and conv. oven thru US appliance. A hood vent thru AJ Madison. The appliances came timely and had no damage. They do not install. This was the first time I had made such a purchase on line. Saved alot of money. I had email notification when the order was placed and shipped out and a phone call from the shipper the day before delivery.

o

We have purchased appliances online through ebay and have saved quite a bit of money. Had good luck with everything except a cooktop that was damaged in
transit and then dumped...it was never delivered to us. If you have the patience to look and look and look some more, go for it. The search gets a little tedious after awhile. I have not purchased anything from the online stores...their prices are all very similar, and they all have good ratings. And they do offer savings. But sometimes shipping costs can be pretty pricey.

o

AppliancesConnection.com has 28 reviews at PriceGrabber.com. All but 2 of the reviewers' accounts were created on the day they reviewed ApplianceConnection, and they never reviewed any other stores. That is VERY suspicious to me.

It could be that all the NY/Bronx photographic equipment stores selling incomplete camera kits and non-US warranty products (with a hard sell for overpriced accessories that if you don't accept, you have your order canceled) have tainted my opinion of NY-area stores, but I would stay away from this store until I could find real independent reviews of this store.

o

applaincesConnection.com offers Bluestar as a line of ranges, cooktops and hoods....but they are not authorized dealers, so no warranty, no after sales, no factory assistance... NOTHING

o

I checked appliancesconnection.com's web site for the range hood I bought on line and I didn't find ANY bargains at appliancesconnection.com
I used http://www.salesstores.com/ after I spent weeks searching the best price on a Broan e66136wh. I ordered yesterday. I expect it next week.
They do have some microwave drawers, 1 dishwasher and Wine Refrigerators.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sale Stores

o

First off, I never trust anyone that uses GoDaddy as a domain registrar

Exactly why is that? What difference does it make who the registrar is?

o

GoDaddy is reasonably well known in the industry to (a) have the lowest prices out there (we're talking prices that are generally in the $5-10 range -- so not using GoDaddy is only a couple dollars a year more, "in the noise" unless you are registering hundreds or thousands of domains, and (b) have some very questionable registration practices that are arguably friendly to less-reputable sites (such as domain "parking" of unregistered sites. Why hundreds or thousands of sites? You have someone put a "garbage" site on each that points to your "real" site and you go up in the search engine rankings.

If you choose to use GoDaddy, I believe that generally you are either or both inexperienced in online marketing or shady.

o

They are the worst online experience I have had .
They sold me 1/2 of a GE cooktop ( I was under the impression I was buying the full unit) , then when I did not receive the second set of burners and complained , they said I would need to give them an additional $292 for the second set of burners .
Let the buyer beware

o

I recently bought a GE gas range from appliancesconnection.com.

I too was nervous about making such a big online purchase, but the range arrived 9 days after I placed my order and in perfect condition. Not to mention, the price was $300 cheaper than that at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Customer service was friendly and responsive. All around I have been incredibly impressed and do not have enough good things to say about the site.

o

If time is not important to you, go ahead and use this company. I waited 16 days for my fridge to be delivered (from Brooklyn to Huntsville). They give you a tracking number but it doesn't tell you anything. It only tells the origin and destination, which isn't really tracking. Then, they made an appointment to deliver it saying they would be here between 12 and 4. The guy showed up at 6!!I am happy with my fridge but it was a loooooong wait.

o

My experience buying with Appliances Connection was absolutely horrific! The two large appliances I ordered took over a month to reach me. Both were damaged but I wasn't aware of the structural damage to the dishwasher until after the delivery receipt had been signed. The company, for which there is no reliable person responsible, is forcing me to arrange and pay for return shipment of the defective item, at a cost of $175.I have spent days and days for hours at a time on hold and debating the claim with them. On several occasions the customer service representatives have accused me of damaging the dishwasher myself. I am appalled and disgusted by the shady business practices and truly monstrous customer service of this company. At this point we have gone almost two months without a dishwasher, will be out $175 and feel really abused by Appliances Connection. Do NOT shop here if you value your sanity!

o

Appliance Connection is absolutely a company to stay away from. I purchased a Broan 48" Range Hood that was damaged in delivery as it is dented. There also appear to be some manufacturer defects - make you wonder if they are purchasing seconds and passing them off. At any rate they have no form of customer service. Yes they do infer that the purchaser damaged the appliance as they did so with me. Aaron the rep from the company was soooo abusive it was unbelievable - screaming and yelling and stating he was a Brooklyn scumbag - still not sure what that was about. Told me to go ahead and report him to New York AG as they are friends, which may explain why they get away with what they do.

They wanted me to pay for shipping the damaged appliance too. When I refused that they said they would replace it but would charge my credit card and then refund the money. Luckily I read pissedoffconsumer.com to see they have done this to others and it takes months and months of fighting to get their money back - if they do. I am really baffled why this company has been allowed to get away with these tactics.

Wanted me to sign off on them using my cc and were going to send me email instructing me how to do so. I told them my brother who is an attorney would have to review this prior to any agreement and low and behold the email was never sent to me. Tells me volumes about this organization.

Stay away - wish I had read the reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: pissed off consumer appliance connection

o

StageStop, thank you for the review of this online store! Thanks for the warning.

o
Manufacturer Made Good, Appliances Connection did not

This is an update to my original posting on Appliances Connection. I believe it is only right to give credit where due.

Well...the news is good, but not because of Appliances Connection as they never made good and just played games over the last two months. The manufacturer of the rangehood, Broan-nutone is replacing the damaged rangehood. They already picked up the piece of junk that has been sitting in my living room for the last two months plus and the new rangehood will be delivered Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013.

Broan is doing this at their expense, including pick up and delivery. It appears there are companies out there that care about their customers and their reputation.

So to all of you that have been victims of Appliances Connection appeal to the manufacturer and hopefully if they have to absorb the costs of companies like Appliances Connection they will stop them from selling their products. That is what would be ideal, stop this company in it's tracks.

Broan-Nutone - the highest ratings possible.
Appliances Connections - there aren't enough negative numbers to apply to this company.

Thanks Broan-Nutone.

o
Buy on line? Worked for me

Appliance connection yea I did it, ordered late last week and took delivery this Wednesday right before Thanksgiving, They called and said deliver between 7 and 11 AM, they were here and gone by 10AM and took it up driveway to back door. I told them I would get it from there...
Box was not damaged and washer was as advertised....new. All hoses were there and it plugged in and was put to work by my visiting son and all his dirty laundry. Unit is new so all I can say is it works well and we'll see how long it lasts. The GE it replaced was only 3.5 years old and bearings went out as it roared when in spin cycle.

o

Oh sure, you save a little bit of money - until you get a lemon and have to return it - then you're scrwed. The shipping fee back is far, far more than you might have saved on that purchase (and your previous 2 or 3 to boot!)

Compactappliance. com is another shady outfit - I think a lot of them use similar tactics of running out the clock so you don't get your refund and its too late to file a chargeback with your credit card co. My experience with them included fake EBay messages (you can tell if it appears in your email but not in your EBay account) and all kinds of shenanigans. Luckily I got in my chargeback claim just in time. Just be sure to document everything and be aware of deadlines with filing complaints with paypal, credit card cos etc. and possible conflicts (eg you may not be able to file a complaint or investigation in one place if you have one in somewhere else.) Be aware that trying to get your refund will be your full time job for awhile.

You just need one experience like that and suddenly Sears doesn't seem all that bad anymore!

o

Appliancesconnection is a scam operation based out of Brooklyn. They have a professional looking website, but beware. They deliver damaged and used appliances even though they advertise them as new. Then they bully you into keeping them. They are committing fraud. That's why the prices are so low. They also post fake ratings and reviews and use search engine optimization techniques to make themselves seem legit. Please avoid them at all costs. If you have already purchased from them, I suggest contacting the NY attorney general.

Here is a link that might be useful: Better Business Bureau 218 complaints

o

Appliancesconnection is the worst company I have ever dealt with online. I have been buying online since the late 90s. I have bought large items online before (vehicles, big screen tvs, etc.) and had mostly good experiences.

i bought 3 appliances online from Appliancesconnection about 7 weeks ago. I still have not received them. I have been hung up on and lied to by their terrible customer service multiple times.

Whatever you do, do NOT purchase anything from them. I would not buy from them again if they were offering ovens for 5 dollars. They're that bad. Huge mistake!

I don't usually post reviews online but if I can help one person save the trouble I am going through it will be worth it.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here