Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbiec_gw

new kitchen- need wall oven strategy!

AbbieC
10 years ago

We are building a new (dream) kitchen and have decided on all the appliances except the oven(s). (Sub Zero fridge, under-counter Sub Zero freezer drawers, Blue Star cooktop, Kitchenaid dishwasher). I am so excited- for the first time, I will have a wall oven that isn't going to fog up my glasses every time I have to lean down and practically put my face into it in order to get something out AND possibly have the opportunity for 2 ovens. But now the question is which to get? Some thoughts:

1) Love the Blue Star french doors but a) it's such a tall oven that we can only have one in the vertical space, and b) my understanding from this forum is that it is loud. Our new kitchen will be open to the dining room and sitting area, so it would be nice if baking can happen without too much attention being drawn to it. How loud is "loud"? Also, there was just a big recall- have the issues been resolved? How is customer service in general?

2) I haven't looked into it, but I think we could do the BS and a warming drawer in the same vertical space. Since I've never had a warming drawer or a second oven, which would be more useful?

3) Are there any other options for side opening doors besides American Range, which sounds like a horror show customer service wise?

4) We were also considering doing a microwave/convection oven combo as an under-counter second oven next to the BS, but the more I look at them, the more complicated they look and seem like I would be spending a lot of time crouching on the floor trying to program the thing. So now I am leaning toward a drawer microwave. Any thoughts on this strategy?

5) If we don't go with BS, should we do a stacked oven strategy, and if so, which ones? I would say we are avid cooks but let's just say we aren't making souffles on a regular basis, nor are we regularly cooking for more than 6-8 people at a pop.

I appreciate all guidance and personal experiences you all can provide!

Abbie

Comments (2)