Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore SBS fridge - year 2000 - acts like freezer

Posted by jally (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 0:47

OK, here's my issue.

I removed the 2nd-to-bottom drawer of fridge to make more room for veggies, since a shelf has more room than a drawer.

All along that worked fine, but lately I find the veggies such as carrots and zuccini are becoming frozen no matter which way I click the veg/meat switch.

Does anyone here have any idea why this could be happening?

Added note which may or not be a factor:
the bottom drawer is stuffed to the hilt with baggies and plastic jar of dry fruit such as craisins and choco bits. I just don't use the fridge for storing meats, rather I use the freezer for meats.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore SBS fridge - year 2000 - acts like freezer

anyone have a clue?

o

Turn the main dial up in temperature. Your drawers are a set degree below the main temp. If the drawer is freezing, turn up the temp on the whole fridge.

o

MF, thanks - though to clarify - which are you referring to:

The Air Balance (which adjusts between fridge & freezer)?
..that's now set at "3"

Or Thermostat (which deals with entire unit)
..that's now set at "4"

o

Update - I now have both the AirBalance & Thermostat knobs turned to dead-center, because just today, I removed a seltzer which was lying on the shelf above the bottomMost drawer...

...only to find that the seltzer had turned into a block of ice.

And my egg cartons are on the same shelf. I'm scared to see what they turned into.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here