Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram range question (grill burner)

Posted by rwagoner (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 0:44

Hello.

I finally installed my Monogram range into my new kitchen! Nice to be able to cook again! Anyway, last night we tried out the grill, and while it worked fine as a grill (I was actually surprised with the little smoke, though I was doing just turkey burgers) the flame on the IR grill was "jumpy" in the middle when on most settings other than preheat.

I noticed on a YouTube video that the grill seemed to do the same thing on that demo, but I am just wondering if anyone here owns a Monogram range with a grill and if their flame also "jumps" in the middle of the burner assembly, kind of like an outdoor grill that is being turned off (when there is enough gas to still make it "pop."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram range question (grill burner)

I have a monogram with grill. Have not noticed it being jumpy, though i will state I'm not the most attentive person to stuff like that. Mine heats pretty evenly, though on the high side (I wish there was a lower setting actually, because low is still pretty darned hot). Have had the occasional small flare ups with fattier foods but that's just the normal grease flare ups, not inherent jumpiness. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here