Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmbaker3_gw

GE Advantium over monogram

jmbaker3
17 years ago

Has anyone installed a 120 GE Advantium over a 30" Integrated Monogram, model ZET1SLSS. I know the 120 Advantium requires a trim kit to flush it with the oven... just curious what it looks like over this oven. GE only shows the 240 Adv. over the oven. ... AND IF SO, ARE YOU HAPPY.

Comments (19)

• peggross1
    17 years ago

Hi, found your post WAY too late, I'm sure. Which did you decide on? Are you happy? In case you still need it, I think the link below shows the 120 with the wall oven you were considering.

Here is a link that might be useful: Advantium 120 w/wall oven

• malhgold
    17 years ago

thanks for posting this. I was shopping for appliances this weekend and this is exactly what I am looking for. In the showroom, they only had the 240 and I didn't even think that the 120 might look different.

Anyone have the 30"monogram or profile trivection oven? If so, do you like it? Or do you have any other suggestions.

• snowyday
    17 years ago

I had considered both GE Profile and Monogram series -- the Advantium oven over a convection oven, builtins. Decided on Profile, and going with the 120 Advantium. From what I can tell the Profile Advantium has a 30" (a little bigger interior) whereas the Monogram Advantium 120 only offers the 27" which you need trim kit to match it up over the 30" oven. I liked both models, but in the end it came down to aesthetics. I didn't care for the look of the 27" Advantium with the trim kit, and figured I would get a little bigger interior as well with the Profile. From what the salesman told me, the only difference in the Monogram vs Profile (ovens) was the exterior design, and the interior racks on the Monogram conv oven could be left in the oven and cleaned on the self-cleaning function. Other than that I think they are pretty much same. So, I'm going with Profile Advantium 120 over Profile Convection oven and the few dollars saved I'll put toward my Wolf cooktop. I was considering GE cooktop as well, but I saw a Wolf in the showroom, and it was too good to pass on. Good Luck!

• greentank
    17 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the Profile Advantium 120 is a 27", and also needs a trim kit to match up with a 30" wall oven. The 240 models are 30" (I'm sure of this, because I have on sitting on my living room floor.)

• snowyday
    17 years ago

hmmm, I'll have to recheck. I thought I saw on the GE website the 120 profile in both 27" and 30" sizes. I know the 240 comes in the 30" but I was looking for the 120 model. Didn't see the Monogram 120 in a 30" size, only the profile. Is this correct? appreciate any additional info. thanks,

• malhgold
    17 years ago

I actually have the brochure in front of me and the 120 only comes 27". Are the only differences between the monogram and profile, the look and the price?

• zoenipp
    17 years ago

I have the Monogram 120 Advantium over the ZET1PLSS and they look very nice together as the handles are both pro-style. The 30" trim kit fits it perfectly (you wouldn't know there was a trim kit) and my Advantium seems very roomy inside for a microwave/speed oven. I thought, when I studied the differences b/w the 240 and 120, that the 120 actually had more interior space but I could be wrong about that - you'll have to look at the spec's. I wish I knew how to post pic's and I'd take one for you to see.

• malhgold
    17 years ago

the 120 does have more interior space even though it is only 27".

• needanap
    17 years ago

Here is a pic of mine - 120 monogram advant. over the monogram convection oven and warming drawer. (The extra handle you see below the warming drawer is a step-stool that slides out of a toe kick drawer). There was still plastic on the advantium handle when the pic was taken - it matches the handle on the convection oven. This is the 27" advantium with the trim kit to make it 30". Has a very roomy interior. My only complaint with this set up is that the advantium is a bit too high for my comfort (I'm only 5'0") and because the door opens from the top down (rather than right/left like my old microwave), I cannot reach the back of the oven to clean it without a step stool. I am just able to peer in and see whats cooking, the floor of the advantium is at my chin level. Also, I keep the extra trays for the advantium in the cabinet above. They fit in vertical dividers if you tilt them just so (I have 8 foot ceilings)and they are hard for me to reach if they get pushed back too far. Make sure you have a handy place for the trays and rack nearby, because you have to change from metal to glass to elevated rack when you go from speed cook to microwave to broil functions.

• malhgold
    17 years ago

needanap - looks really nice, as do your cabinets. What brand/wood are they? Do you like the advantium and the oven? Is it the trivection? What make you pick the monogram over the profile?

• snowyday
    17 years ago

thanks for the pictures, wow they look great, and is very helpful. I'm getting ready to order appliances next week for our remodel. All things being equal on the size of the 120 Advantium Model, my preference would be with Monogram. Anyone have any input as to quality of profile vs. Monogram. Salesman have told me basically the same ovens, you are just paying for the exterior aesthetics. Thoughts?

• needanap
    17 years ago

Malhgold, the cabinets are from Ultracraft in red birch with a Golden stain.

I do not have the Trivection. The oven is the Monogram ZET1SLSS, which the OP was asking about way back when (but it wasn't installed yet when the question was first posted). I'm really happy with the oven. Seems to pre-heat quickly, love those full extension racks, and love the feel of the knobs (they click softly as you turn the dial). The display and the timer function is simple and intuitive. Baking seems very even, Fan reasonably quiet. Interior light illuminates the whole oven well, and stays on the whole time oven is running (you can't control the interior light). At first that bugged me, but now I realize that I am less likely to forget to turn the oven off when I am done.

The Advantium has a steep learning curve, and at first I was not thrilled, but now that I am getting the hang of it, I am liking it much better. I re-heated garlic bread tonight with cheese on top, and it came out perfect! Fresh, crispy, restaurant quality. Better than my old toaster oven could do. It took 7-8 minutes, though. Not as speedy as I thought a speed oven would be. I suspect the 240 advantium is quicker. I guess I am just impatient. No pre-heat time required, so it was better than the big oven or broiler would have been for this task. I did frozen chicken tenders for the kids last night, and they were relatively quick (8 min I think), and came out great. The microwave only function is very easy to use - my favorite is the express start button. Hit it once and it starts, with 30 sec on the timer. Hit it again and it adds 30 sec increments. Or turn the dial after it starts to add or subtract time in any amount you want. Very easy! I also like the sensor re-heat feature. It tells you when your food is piping hot, but not burned - no guessing. As a plain microwave it is not as powerful as my old microwave - but not too bad. I really need to play with it some more. I find it a PITA to change the trays when going from speed cook to microwave, though. And the fan on the Advantium is fairly noisy. Minor annoyances.

I picked the Monogram over the Profile just for looks. The handles matched my hardware better, and I liked the square face, not curved.

Snowy, I was told the same thing, that the only diff betw the Monogram and Profile versions of the 120 advantium was the look (and the price!) Same appliance, different face.

Hope this info is helpful.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Re: Monogram vs Profile Another difference

Check the warranties....I found this on the GE sites

Monogram:
    ..Parts
    Limited 1-year entire appliance
    Limited 5-year halogen lamps
    Limited 10-year magnetron tube
    ..Labor
    Limited 5-year halogen lamps
    ..Notes
    For models produced on or after January 1, 2006 See written warranty for full details

Profile:
    ..Parts
    Limited 5-year magnetron tube
    ..Labor
    ..Notes
    For models produced on or after January 1, 2006 See written warranty for full details

• chorusmem
    16 years ago

Just found this thread and I am also installing GE Monogram advantium over the 30" oven so loved seeing the pics. I thought the monogram 120 advantium was upgraded as well, but it is still 27" or has there been an upgrade I have not seen?

• peggross1
    16 years ago

needanap - are you still there?

I have a question for you regarding your Advantium installation height. How high is the bottom of the oven, and do you find it difficult/dangerous to take hot things out of the Advantium with the fold-down type door? Would you recommend a higher or lower installation height than what you have in the photo?

• patti_bee
    16 years ago

smarge, I also have an Advantium over a Monogram single oven. The floor of the Advantium is 49 inches from the floor and it's fine for me (5'5"). Don't think I'd like it much higher.

• peggross1
    16 years ago

Thank you, patti bee!
    Would you also suggest 49 from floor for someone 5'7", or would I be happier with it installed 2 inches higher?

• patti_bee
    16 years ago

smarge, I would leave it exactly as it is. I think you'll find it to be a very comfortable height for you. You might take a look at the specs online to see what range they list for the height off the floor. I think mine follow them pretty closely. HTH
    Patti

• rgillman
    16 years ago

I am installing my oven under the cooktop and my Advantium at counter height elsewhere in the kitchen. I figure I'll use it most of the time; I am 5'3" and because this oven has the drop-down door, I want it at an easily reachable height. The bottom will probably be about 38" from the floor.