Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone with gas range with gas oven have problems with oven temp?

Posted by juliekcmo (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 23:18

Just wondering if I am the only one.

We have a Samsung gas range with gas oven.

The cooktop is totally fantastic! Has an 18, and a 15 K burner in the front, the typical griddle burner in the center, and a medium and small burner in the back. Love it, no complaints whatsoever.

But the oven is another story.

I have re-calibrated it to the max increase of +30 degrees, and still find that I need to increase the temperature about 25 degrees higher than what temperature I want, and pre-heat for about 20 minutes, to get it to hit true temperature reading on an oven thermometer.

Specs for the oven state that the manufacturing normal tolerance is 25 degrees. So apparently it is within the manufacturer's engineering standards.

So yeah, I can just "do the math", but I must say this is really annoying.

From what I read on the web, this is pretty common with new ovens.

Aside from that the oven is fine.

Anyone else having this experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone with gas range with gas oven have problems with oven t

Is this by any chance a convection oven. Many ovens now when you use convection will automatically drop the temperature 25 degrees - very annoying.

o

It has convection feature, but the same temperature issues happen in convection or standard bake.

But, I see the logic of what you say.

o

I have a totally gas Viking range/oven from about 2000. It was in the home we purchased 2 years ago. I love it but the ovens seem to cook about 20 degrees too hot so I have to adjust for that.
I just baked a pie in the smaller oven side, and the crust did not brown, so I had to turn the heat up and then it burned a little bit, but not bad. I never had this problems in the past with electric ovens.

I think an oven thermometer will help me figure out how off the temps are. I also notice there is a lot of play in the temp control knob. Kind of strange not knowing what the temp knob is really set at.

Just saying that I also have similar gas oven problems. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here