Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faber Pro Range hoods

Posted by matti5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 22:51

I am in the process of a total kitchen re-do and deciding on appliances. I am going with a 48 inch Dual Fuel Wolf range and looking for pro range hood options. Wolf and Modernair are on the list, but my appliance guy showed us a Faber (Maestrale Pro). It's about a $1000 less.

Would love your input or reviews on Faber hoods?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faber Pro Range hoods

hi matti5,
we have the inca pro 30 and we are pleased with it.
it is loud for us, but it does a great job. most times we only have it on med. speed. lighting is great and cleaning of grates is easy.
we have induction so the 600 cfm is sufficient.
if we had gas, i would have gone higher on the cfm.

HTH

o

We have a Faber IncaPro Plus 1200cfm insert in a custom wood hood and are very happy with it. We have a 36in 6 burner Bluestar range and have cooked with our wok, boiled, fried, etc and have been very happy with the performance. As pp mentioned on full bore it is a tad noisy, but rarely do we need it on at that level.

We too were looking at some pricier options initially but are glad we saved the $ (as we went over budget on so many other areas). Depending on the cfm you want, make sure you can fit the right ductwork (we had to go 10in width).

o

Thank you!

Spent all day Saturday going to different appliance stores. I was scolded by one salesman when I said I was looking at other hoods besides Wolf. Got out of there real quick. Also very frustrating not to get the same answers from any two sales people. Thank goodness for this forum!

o

Is your situation such that you could get a hood and filter only and have an exterior, roof-mounted exhaust fan? It would be much quiter and you should get much more exhaust CFM. Exterior fans are always the way to go if possible. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here