Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Maytag refrigerator-- MBF1958DE

crl_
9 years ago

I'm toying with the idea of replacing our refrigerator when we remodel the kitchen next spring. The current refrigerator will only be about two and a half years old, functions perfectly and is just fine size wise. But it is stainless and I would prefer white. And if I keep it, I would need to throw two or three hundred dollars at a stainless panel for the side.

So I have been looking around to see if there is anything that looks better to me at low to mid-price point. This is for an old kitchen and we plan to keep some of the 1926 cabinetry. Unfortunately the only "retro" refrigerator that fits in the space is the smeg and I'm not willing to give up self defrost.

I came across this maytag that looks pretty good to me. White with true stainless steel handles apparently. And a bottom freezer, which is my preference. And it fits in the space. And I could probably swallow the price.

One drawback is that it comes with a factory installed ice maker, which I'd rather not have. Can we just not hook it up? Would be unfortunate to have the space lost to it. . . .

But I can't find any reviews of it. (Maybe it's new?)

So, anyone have one? Seen one in person? Have any thoughts on maytag refrigerators?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag MBF1958DE

Comments (4)