Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skraft_gw

NXR 36" gas 6-burner vs. Bertazzoni 36" dual-fuel 5-burner

skraft
10 years ago

We're in the process of remodeling our kitchen, and only recently started the appliance research process. What we've found is that for any oven/range with what Consumer Reports calls "the semi-professional look", we're talking $3000+ (like, GE Cafe, Viking D3, etc.). Then I stumbled across the NXR and Berta reviews here and elsewhere. They seem like a pretty great deal, considering the price point, and they're both super good-looking.

I like to cook, but I'm not a chef by any means, nor do I bake with any frequency. However, I'm looking for a range that I'll enjoy using, enjoy looking at, will be reliable, and will provide us with good resale value. We're not in our "forever home," and hope to move in the next 3-5 years. Our place is also in a hip, transitional/entry-level neighborhood in Los Angeles, so appearances matter (for resale!), and there are lots of foodie-type potential buyers who would appreciate a good range (but no one would expect a Wolf or Thermador around here).

Our current kitchen hasn't been updated since 1962 (literally), so I've been burning stuff in a KitchenAid double oven that's a scant 22.5" wide. The only ovens we could buy and slide in cost $2,700, and we'd have to buy an additional cook-top, so $3K for an NXR or Berta seem like a steal. Trust me, anything would be better than what I've been working with, but I don't want to waste any dough (pun intended).

Can't wait for your thoughts!

Comments (4)