Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some random NXR information

Posted by gwbasic (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 22:18

Randomly, I found the actual manufacturer of the NXR ranges. The company is called Hyxion Metal Industry. They have a pretty detailed web page (in English).

http://www.hyxion.com

They also have an Alibaba page where you can order their ranges (in bulk) and even put your own logo on it. (like NXR)

http://hyxion.en.alibaba.com/

Here are some interesting pictures I found too:

Factory Assembly Line:

48 Inch Range:

Different Grates:

Customizable shipping boxes:

Some the most interesting tidbits of information I read are:
Their manufacturing machines are from Japan.
Some of the range parts are from Germany, Italy and USA. (we already know this)
They have passed various US and Canada CSA and ISO certifications.
Main customers are Costco, Lowes, and Best Buy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some random NXR information

Cool. Good job finding that site!

That led me to another site, linked below, which says that Hyxion apparently wholesales the stoves for $700 to $1000. I think $1000 is probably the price for single units or small lots and $700 is probably the price for large orders. (Hyxion claims to be able to supply up to 2000 units per month, so large lots might be a pretty big buy.) Those prices are FOB Shenzen, which means Duro is paying for shipping across the Pacific to Duro's warehouse in SoCal. Duro, in turn, ships them from LA to Costco's customers. The trucker who delivered my range told me that he thought the trucking cost from LA to me in the Rockies was $300 to $500. Costco has been charging $1799 up to $1999 with shipping included. (I think Dvorson's and Austex also do the same.) Seems like the profit margin might be a bit thin on this end of the distribution chain. Wonder how long that will last?

As for Cotsco, Lowe's and Best Buy being big customers of Hyxion, that probably refers to other products such as the stainless street-light-style yard heaters, the rolling stainless-steel tool boxes, and the stainless BBQs.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR 30

o
RE: Some random NXR information

Cool nice to see where they are put together at.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here