Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux Icon oven door install problem

Posted by lip2000 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 22:16

Hi,
I just installed our new electrolux icon oven. My father took the door off the oven before we lifted it into place. Unfortunately I was not there when he took it off.

I know there is a lock/lever as I was there when he pulled that towards us to "lock" it for door removal. With the door out, that lock/lever is completely locked as I can't budge it.
My dad's went back home (couple of hours away) and now we cannot get the door back on.

Any hints on this? It's driving us crazy!

Thanks.

LIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux Icon oven door install problem

Can anyone suggest anything? I've seen a video on the web with a similar latch mechanism but it's not exactly the same...
I'm pulling my hair out!

Thanks.
LIP

o

Any help anyone?

Thanks.

o

It seems to be a standard design from just looking at the user manual on the icon website. Why are you trying to move the lock levers if you haven't got the door back in yet?

Is the door heavy? Does it take two people? Lift it up so that the top of the door is almost where it would be in the normally closed position and with the bottom hinges held away until they line up with the slots and push the bottom of the door fully in. Let the top close too. Does the door appear normal, even, and tightly closed? Now open the door all the way and place the lock levers back in the lock position.

Good luck!

o

Thanks.
I am going to try this tonight.
I went to the store and they were useless.

I was trying to move that latch because I thought it should still move when the door is out of the oven but obviously I'm wrong.

I'll send an update.

Regards,

LIP

o

Tried it again and what you suggest just isn't possible.
If I line up the top of the door to be closed, the bottom hinges are below the holes where they go in. When I get the hinges in the holes, the door is higher up than where it should be.
I can't believe I am having such a problem. I have never had a problem with oven doors before. I looked around the web and seen an example of a guy putting in this type of door and he had no problem...doesn't make sense.

HELP!

LIP

o

Hi,
Just to let anyone who has the same problem that my problem is fixed now...a service tech came and solved the "problem" in about 10 seconds.
Basically, the instructions to follow taking out the door in reverse is not really correct. You only have to put the hinge where there is a little crevice into the first "rod" inside the door oven at around 45 degrees and then pull the door down. I was doing this but wasn't putting it in the crevice. I felt like a fool to the guy but at least now the oven has a door!

LIP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here