Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karle13_gw

Help!

karle13
10 years ago

Redoing kitchen and are using LG fridge, dishwasher and gas cooktop, but don't think I want to get the double wall oven as it has bad reviews! So this forum thinks highly of the Electrolux ! Would that look ok to have all LG and just the wall oven different? The cooktop,oven and fridge are all in a row on one wall!! Thanks any advice appreciated!!

Comments (13)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Getting a suite of appliances from the same manufacture is almost always a bad idea.

You should get the best in class within your budget regardless of brand.

Most mid-priced and high end appliance usually come in 304 SS. They won't match grain but neither will the same brand appliances because they are not manufactured from the same roll of SS.

Give us your appliance budget and we can give you a good recommendation. We meaning the board. I am not using the Royal We :)

You need a 24" DW, 30" Double Ovens? 30" or 36" gas cooktop, a 36" ? FD or SxS fridge? Counter-depth or standard depth? Do you need a rangehood ?

• karle13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am doing a 36 inch gas cooktop, 30 double wall oven, 24 dishwasher , standard depth 30.7cu fridge and the hood I picked is the xom 36 vented hood!My budget is up to $10,000 including taxes! Here is what I have already picked and is getting ready to be ordered,
    Lg 3691 st 36 cook top
    lg 31925 Fridge
    Lg 8072 Steam dishwasher
    Xom36 hood
    All in Stainless ,

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

I am not a big fan of the gasket on gasket design of the LG French Doors. JD Power ranks Samsung the best FD last six years. But the LG is significantly quieter. If quiet is the most important or second most important factor then go for the LG. If not the equivalent Samsung is RF323TE

LG $2289 minus $100 rebate including free ship.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Bosh is JD Powers top Dishwasher brand for this year.

CR reports usually has a Bosch or a Bosch made Kenmore Elite as its top rated dishwasher.

Bosch 800 Series SHX68T55UC $839 minus $50 rebate includes free shipping.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

XO XOV36S range hood $1080 including shipping.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

BlueStar RBCT365BSS gas cooktop ~$2100

Powerful even heat from 22k btu burners for sautéing, searing, woking, quick boil, recovering temps after dropping cold food into hot oil/pan.

And a 130 degree simmer for delicate French sauces.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Electrolux ICON Professional E30EW85GPS $3399 including shipping.

TOL Elux ovens.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Grand Total $9707 minus $150 rebates = $9557

I think that is a far superior package than the LG suite.

• friedajune
    10 years ago

Re the range hood. The OP specified the XO XOM hood, but I like better the XOV hood that Deeageaux linked. The OP's XOM is glass, and my issues with glass hoods are that they show every splatter, and also don't exhaust as well as a non-glass hood. That's because there isn't much capture area under the slight curvature of the glass, and it has mesh filters rather than baffle. At least the hood Deeageaux linked has more of a canopy shape. I can't tell though whether the XOV has baffle or mesh filters.

You might also look at the Kobe hoods. There's the Kobe RA02 for about $1100.

Make sure your exhaust duct--that takes the exhaust out of the house-- is a big enough diameter for one of these hoods. The XOV hood that Deeageaux linked needs a 6" diameter duct. The Kobe RA02 needs an 8" diameter duct.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe RA02 Hood at ajmadison

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

I forgot to mention that for the XO hood it is an extra ~$100 for the baffle filters.

I like the KOBE RAO2 but through experience I have learned that for people looking at sleek XOM type hoods the bulky look of the RAO2 is a very tough sell.

The XO hood is made in Italy and the EDM blower is made in Germany while the Kobe is made in Taiwan.

• karle13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much! Ordered the Bosch dishwasher , Electrolux Icon oven,but keeping the LG 30.7 fridge!

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Have not decided on the cooktop and hood?

I saw on the Laundry Forum you are looking for a washer and dryer.

Whirlpool brought HE top loaders to market a few years ago and they have been a reliability disaster. The others are too new to make a judgement on reliability.

If going with top loader I would go with old school Speed Queen. Old school looks and old school all steel transmission. A real work horse uses 60% more water than HE but works works and keeps on working.

In their latest test of washers Consumer Reports rated the Maytag Maxima XL MHW7000AW front loader their top rated washer from over 100 tested. Made in Ohio but like the Koreans comes with a 10 year motor and basket warranty. Some Maximas are made in Ohio others made in Mexico if going with Maytag I would get the model recommended by CR.

JD Power has Samsung #1 and LG #2 overall for front loaders.

• karle13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am going with the LG washer and dryer, I had them in my last house for 2 and a half years and really liked them! I am getting a slightly different model than I had. And I am sticking with the Xom hood and LG cooktop.Thank you so much for all your help!!