Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with cooktop and oven below

Posted by sjhockeyfan (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 22:08

We got a cabinet bid yesterday from Bellmont and were inclined to accept the bid (the other, higher-end bid we got was a full 50% higher for the same layout). However, Bellmont has a quirk that is causing us some difficulty - their standard toe-kick is 4-1/2" rather than the typical 4". The difference seems to make it impossible to put in a 30" induction cooktop and 30" oven below it.

We know we could get a slide-in range but we don't like the way the ranges stick out past the front of the cabinets. We have no flexibility as to where the pieces go, since this is a condo in a concrete floor former industrial building.

We were leaning toward either GE, Electrolux or Bosch.

Any ideas other than putting in thicker counters (which I definitely don't want because I'm short)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with cooktop and oven below

Have you asked them to change the size of the toe kick down to 4" ?

o

No - I wonder if that's even possible? I will check.

o

Which still begs the question, does Bellmont really make an entire line of cabinets that cannot accommodate a cooktop/oven combination?

o

Are you in the 1600 series or the 1900? I have been looking at the 1900 and they have a few different options and are customizable.

o

We went with the Bellmont 1900 series. We could have customized the cabinet for the larger oven, but in the end we got a smaller oven (Fagor) that fits and can be installed "flush" (It is smaller, but it's big enough for us, I've seen it in person). Cabinets are being delivered 12/10 and installation starts 12/11, so I can tell you more in a few weeks!

o

I can't wait to see them :) One thing that disappointed me is no toe kick drawers :( Bellmont doesn't have them

o
Bellmont cabinets

Glad I wasn't interested in them!

o

Are there other brand ovens that would fit the hole in the
future?

It may not have any effect going forward, but Fagor seems
to be having some financial reorganizing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fagor declares bankruptcy

o

I know (now) about Fagor's pblms - at least I have my oven, just hope it works since warranty service is unlikely! And yes, other ovens will fit, but with quite a bit of jiggering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here