Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eleeny_gw

Is there a dual-fuel gas-induction cooktop?

eleeny
16 years ago

What a great idea! I haven't seen one; just wondering if anyone makes one... Is it possible?

Comments (9)

• User
    16 years ago

Wolf makes a modular cooktop where you can choose from induction, radiant, gas, steamers, grills, etc.

• oskiebabu
    16 years ago

If you mean a single hob cooktop with both gas and induction--NO. But various companies from Wolf, Gaggenau, Viking, etc. make one or two burner induction hobs that you can install next to a 1,2,3, 4, 5, or 6 gas hob. If you don't mind mixing companies, Cooktek makes some very powerful one and two induction units. They make a powerful induction wok hob and also 3,500 watt single and double induction hobs. Plus they would be a third of the price of a Gaggenau single induction hob.

There are a number of induction/electric or induction/radient electric hobs. It might be interesting when someone releases a range with induction top and electric true convection oven, although one can buy a separate induction cooktop and install a single built-in oven (gas or electric) beneath it.

Greg

• eleeny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I only have space for a 36" cooktop... So, if I go with the 1 or 2 burner modular hobs, and I think they're usually about 15" wide, I'd end up only being able to fit a max of 3 or 4 burners in my 36" area, right? Seems like people who have the modular hobs usually have a lot more cooktop space available to begin with?

I love the idea of having a gas hob, an induction hob, a grill, etc. But realistically, how much room do I need to create a reasonable cooking area for a family of 5?

• homepro01
    16 years ago

You can get a two burner induction until from Cooktek (15" wide I believe) or a 12" two burner induction from Diva De Provence or others like it that are 12" wide. Then purchase 2 two burner gas modules from Miele, Gaggenau, etc and you have a six burner area for your cooktop. The two burner gas modules are not super powerful but they should do. Or you could do I module as a gas wok burner and a two burner gas module and have 5 burners total. There are so many options you could go with. Just an aside, most people never use more than 3 burners at a time. I have yet to run into one cooktop/rangetop that you can fill one the burners with pots and concentrate on managing all of the pots at the same time.
    Good luck!

• jeri
    16 years ago

It might be interesting when someone releases a range with induction top and electric true convection oven.

IÂm surprised this is not available now. IÂm looking for a 30" range replacement and would love to have induction to choose fromÂ

• harmonee
    12 years ago

I notice that this discussion is several years ole; however, hoping some of you are still out there...
    I am shopping for a kitchen range.
    My ideal range is a 36 inch combined gas and induction cooktop with two electric ovens beneath.
    Anyone know of such?

• practigalaz
    3 years ago

Wow, this is an old thread! However, here in 2020, I am happy to report that Truinduction has several dual-fuel cooktop models and the Bertazzoni PM363I0X, a 36" higher-end model, has six burners: four gas and two induction. For the cooktop concept, it is also possible to put a gas cooktop next to an induction cooktop and if by the same manufacturer, get a cohesive look. Whenever it is I get finished, I will post a photo.

• 2ndi
    3 years ago

Help! agreed, old thread. why is this still an issue in today's technology?! I see Fisher Paykel make a range with both gas and induction stove, but seriously, we must go modular units otherwise? Anyone out there have any experience in installing/using modular gas/induction side by side? any pointers ? I'm in planning stage of kitchen remodel and want both in my new kitchen