Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New kitchen appliances (feedback on Fagor please)

Posted by medice (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 21:35

We are renovating an older house with a TINY kitchen. I hope to maximize the existing footprint without changing the walls.

I love to cook BUT almost never bake. We have a small Breville convection oven we use often but I don't think I touched my range oven in over a year. So I think I prefer to have a cooktop and the oven separately.

My choices so far are:
24" Fagor electric single cover (LOVE that it has side door!)
28" Fagor gas cooktop OR 30" Bosch gas cooktop
30" Liebhierr fridge (is BioFresh really worth the extra money?)
18" Bosch or Miele dishwasher
microwave will be just on the counter as we also nearly never use it and I have hard time justifying spending much on it.

This must be a common question but am I going to be annoyed by mismatching all of the appliances?

The idea with Fagor is that if at this price I absolutely hate it I am OK with upgrading to Miele for the oven down the road. I just don't got have it in my budget (trying to stay within 10k for all) right now. I hope to love it of course. Does anyone have experience with it?

THANK YOU for all feedback and suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New kitchen appliances (feedback on Fagor please)

If this is as tiny a kitchen as you indicate, then you will gain 24" of counter space by going with a range instead of an oven and cooktop, unless you are mounting that oven under counter. Then at that point, it makes NO sense to go with a cooktop and wall oven. Your appliance and cabinet costs will also be much less with a range. I would NEVER opt for a wall oven and cooktop in a small kitchen. And if it's a truly small kitchen, then an OTR starts to make sense as well.

As far as Fagor, well, you're going to have to be the guinea pig and report back if you go down that road. Someone has to be among the first in America to take that chance!

o

Thank you for the reply. I am not too worried about counter space because we will have the island for prep work so the wall oven would be in top to bottom cabinet in line with the fridge.
The reason to separate the two is since I barely use the oven I would much rather have pull out drawers with pots and pans right under cooktop to make everything easily accessible.
Too bad about Fagor! I am surprised not more people get them since price seems so appealing.

o

Thank you for the reply. I am not too worried about counter space because we will have the island for prep work so the wall oven would be in top to bottom cabinet in line with the fridge.
The reason to separate the two is since I barely use the oven I would much rather have pull out drawers with pots and pans right under cooktop to make everything easily accessible.
Too bad about Fagor! I am surprised not more people get them since price seems so appealing.

o

Lots of circuits and wires in the Fagor wall oven. Go to youtube and search Fagor and take a look through the rear of the wall oven at the electronic "innards' that someone has posted a silent video of. Lots to short out. And all in the back too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here