Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_332397

Kitchen Aid Wall Oven Noisy

User
9 years ago

I have a Kitchen Aid KEBS109BSS Wall Oven, purchased summer 2013.

I wanted to post my review on the Kitchen Aid site - but apparently, their moderator didn't like my review - so they are not posting it....

So here it is:

"From the moment I purchased this oven, it, when heated, makes the loudest noise. Imagine a baseball card in the spokes of a wheel from when you were a kid.

Service came after I complained - and screwed in a couple of extra metal screws into the outer housing to quiet it down.

Just before the warranty expired, I tried a self-clean. Following the self clean, the noise has now returned. The repairman returned, and ordered a part. Today they have returned with a new blower. Installing now.

Let's see if this fixes it. I am doubtful given another reviewer below saying there is a new fan shaft to fix the issue. Will update when I know more - but for now - steer clear of this model."

Well... the noise is still there and the repair guy is calling me back tomorrow. I'm living on warranty borrowed time right now...

anyone else have this oven and have this issue (this isn't just the fan running after use).

Video clips available if anyone wants to enjoy it...

Comments (12)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Could you link the video? I believe there is a service bulletin on this issue. I will check ServiceMatters later today when I have some time and let you know if there is.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are two instances. The iPhone made it hard to really hear - but if you turn it up, you'll get the idea.
    It can be heard throughout the main floor (950 sq ft).
    But stops when the door is opened.

But doesn't make that noisy continually. Only when heated up - and then it comes and goes.

thanks for looking into service bulletins for me

Here is a link that might be useful: YouTube link to noisy oven

• jakvis
    9 years ago

I listened to the video and it sounds like an out of balance fan.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I did find a service bulletin on related to the convection fan vibrating. Check your serial tag for the full model number, there should be two digits after KEBS109BSS. KEBS109BSS00 is on the list of affected models.

The convection fan turns off when the door opens, so the fact that the noise stops as well points to that being the issue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Service Pointer W10692944

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Wed, Sep 24, 14 at 11:17

• pamela233
    9 years ago

Thank you hvtech42 for the Service Pointer link

Sure enough the Whirlpoool wall oven I ordered last week is on the list! I deliberately did not order the Kitchenaid model because I had read the noise complaints from previous posters.
    I have ordered WOS92EC0AB00
    I have printed off the info from the link and will definitely bring it to the attention of my retailer so he is prepared for my future phone call - if necessary.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks hvtech42 !

Yes, I have the KEBS109BSS00 model.
    I will let the warranty repair guy know about this (although I don't know why they wouldn't)

What is interesting, is that it doesn't make that noise continually, but intermittently. But when it does.... it roars !

thanks!

• Don Tuttle
    4 years ago

I just found your post, I have the same issue. They installed a new blower fan which causes the same noise. My repair guy suggested I remove a collar from around the oven frame and put in sound deadening material. WTF! I push on the door handle and the noise goes dead.

• pamela233
    4 years ago

Hi Don ... sorry to hear you are experiencing the noise problem. I must say we have Never had a problem with this oven...I am very happy with it...No problems at all. I know there is another post in here with the solution. I may not express or describe this properly because it has been a couple of years but...it had to do with a loose coupling or bent screw...something like that at the back of the fan. .. I hate to put this on you...but I am sure you will find more info here. If I can think of something more specific I will certainly let you know...However....definitely get to Whirlpool....they certainly know about it... and if memory serves they will send out a replacement fan...

• pamela233
    4 years ago

I just noticed that you have the new fan.... definitely complain to Whirlpool...put it on them.

• Barbara Landry Kalafatis
    4 years ago

I've had this oven for a little over 2 years and it makes the same noise! Had repair here twice and it still isn't fixed. the oven functions well, but so noisy. Definitely something with the fan. wouldn't it still be covered if the issue was addressed twice while under warranty?

• lucretia bolin
    4 years ago

OK well I have the KitchenAid KEBU107SSS00 electric wall oven and it sounds LIKE A JET OVEN. Yes. A BOEING JET OVEN. IT IS AWFUL. I will call today and see if I can get a repair person out her as my oven is, of course, out of warranty. I may well need to replace it because if it is going to continue to make this noise even with a repair it's not worth it at all.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH