Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbie46_gw

Vintage Viking 30" range or not?

bobbie46
11 years ago

My daughter found a 15 year old white Viking all gas range with 4 burners. It is beautiful but needs some work: new burner covers (? round black piece which goes over burner), a new grate or two, and maybe some other things. She must have cabinets built before the range can be installed so must decide about the range before it is refurbished. The range is all gas. She also found a 36" Viking cooktop with 6 burners which is like the one I used to have and is in pristine condition. Her kitchen is small and the 30" allows room for a broom closet while the 36 " does not. Also, she found a beautiful 30" Vent-A-Hood which almost touches the ceiling, one foot short so she can have that one foot made.

Which to choose? The 15 year old range, beautiful stainless steel back plate and the 30" white Vent -A-Hood or the 36" newer VIking cooktop with a standard stainless steel canopy (14"?)? The vintage range, backsplash and white vent a hood are beautiful and give more counter space in her 1930"s house than the 36" cooktop. Her house has two bedrooms and one bath and she lives alone. She has an auxillary oven. My thought is to go with the range. It suits the house and is all gas. I don'tthink it should not cost an exhorbinent amount to refurbish. The Vent_A-Hood is great looking and works. If the range is not satisfactory, she can eventually buy a new one but the hood is great and the 30" is better for her space.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Bobbie