Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minty19

Appliance dealers near me have limited brands

minty19
12 years ago

I want a pro style range. I live in a rural area, and there are only two appliance dealers within a reasonable distance (45 miles). The dealers do not carry Blue Star or Culinarian or some of the other brands I would like to see based on the posts I have read here. Both dealers have excellent reputations and both carry Wolf, Dacor, and Viking. I'm leaning toward Wolf. So my question is, should I stick with the brands offered by my local appliance dealer, or should I venture further out of my area to purchase? I could go 100+ miles away to find a dealer that carries these other brands, but is it worth it? I worry about service calls.

Comments (7)

• Mercymygft
    12 years ago

Why not try some online appliance retailers. They sell high end pro style ranges, have free shipping and no tax unless you live in their state.

www.us-appliance.com

www.ajmadison.com

• weissman
    12 years ago

The big question is: can you get service for a particular brand? You need to call Blue Star and Capital and see if they have anyone who will come to your home to provide service. You can certainly buy the range from an online retailer but you will need someone local to service it.

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Weissman is the "Wise Man"
    Heed his advice!!!!

STEP 1 is "Be sure you can get service for whatever you decide to buy."

Plenty of posts on GW for the need for service, regardless of brand.

I really don't see an "On-line" store being that much help, should something go wrong and you need service.

Just one example, One guy bought 3 ovens all from the same manufacturer, In the end, after a "Long Hassle" the defective oven was replaced, but no help from the dealer/seller, finally the manufacturer came to the rescue, and more than likely, Garden Web was the initiator.

Plenty of other posts on GW with the same Scenario.
    Also there are a number of manufacturers that downright refuse to honor warranty on an on-line purchase or
    an "Unauthorized Dealer", So ya might save now, but you could end up paying "Big Time" later. Not just financially but also in time lost while that appliance is down.

Gary

• ash2011
    12 years ago

BlueStar and Capital both handle their service directly. Just give them a call and they will tell you who they use in your area.

Also by calling them directly they can direct you to builders and designers that have one of these two ranges in their model homes and showrooms.

Some distributors even call customers in your area to get permission for you to stop by their homes. People are usually receptive to being asked to show off their range. It gives you a great opportunity to speak with a real life owner and find their experience with the range, install and delivery.
    This might save you a trip of 100+ miles

• Mercymygft
    12 years ago

Weissman and Dodge... True, but it only takes a phone call to find out if there are authorized service people in your area.

• llaatt22
    12 years ago

Lots of good advice on getting a simple, reliable, powerful, unit. Get to know who services the gas kitchen appliances in your local homes, eateries, schools, and such throughout the area. Make sure to buy a spare ignitor module, and some ignitors to minimize downtime.

• ratflinger
    12 years ago

Haven't found many appliance dealers that really give a darn about their customers after the sale (can't be a blanket statement as I'm sure there are still some) Bought my CC from a dealer 1500 miles away - (Hint - Eurostoves) & couldn't be happier. Don't make a large purchase just because you have a local dealer. The best dealer can't make a lesser item into a premium product.