Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux ICON Designer 36" Rangetop???

Posted by KitNovice (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 20:56

I've searched old posts for opinions about the Electrolux 36" Gas Rangetop, but I can only find a few old threads. Does anyone have any recent experiences? I'm seriously considering the rangetop, but I can't find many reviews here or elsewhere on the internet.

I'm most interested in how well it simmers, how easy it is to clean and how repair prone it is. I've heard of issues with the front burner on the regular ranges, but I'm wondering if the rangetops have had similar problems.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux ICON Designer 36" Rangetop???

Hi!
I have an Electrolux 36" Gas Icon cooktop in my island. I have had it for 3 years with no operational problems.

It cooks hot and does not simmer well, but I've gotten used to it and know how to work around it. I've read about a simmer plate that you can purchase to go over the grate to let you simmer.

It is easy to clean- I've had major spills and burnt-on gunk that comes off with just a little elbow grease.

My only big problem is cosmetic. The wording on my knobs has rubbed off! The hi, low, and the numbers in between. I'm sure I can call for new ones since I got the 5 year warranty, but just haven't gotten around to it. And worse case, if I have to buy new knobs, no biggie.

Overall, I've been pleased with it. We got a great deal on a floor model, so I feel like I have already gotten my money's worth. Hope this helps!

o

Thanks Angel411 :) It does help. Do you have the drop in cooktop (5 burner) or the slide in (6 burner)? Also does yours have automatic re-ignition? I think the Designer line I'm looking at doesn't, but the Pro line does. Any thoughts on whether it's worth the extra $700?

o

I have the drop in with the auto re-ignition. It gets an annoying popping going when I have the flame low and I walk by or create the slightest breeze, but I'm glad it's there. I've never had one without, so I don't know if it's worth the $700. Does the flame just blow out a lot without this feature?

o

I'm not sure myself. I have an electric range right now, so gas is entirely new to me. I'm concerned with whether the gas remains on when the flame blows out or if there is a safety shutoff for the gas valve. I can't seem to find information on it in the Electrolux literature. I'm hoping someone here knows the answer :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here