Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I used a Vulcan six burner range yesterday

Posted by SparklingWater (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 20:43

And for one who has used sealed burners for the last decade, it was amazing! As soon as I turned the sturdy knobs, the puff of gas immediately lit the two rings of the burner. I put my palm over them on medium low just to feel the heat diffusion. I played around for a bit, and then got down to business cooking eggs and bacon and baking apple-pumpkin muffins for a small group of sorority girls/parents. The gas stove heated quickly and baked evenly. The burners were a breeze to wipe up.

This may be a case where once bitten by open burners you don't go back. I definitely could see enjoyable cooking on a similar modern residential product. Happy I had this hands on opportunity.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I used a Vulcan six burner range yesterday

Well, I agree. I can swear that after having my Bluestar for 3 years I could never be without my open burners. Even simple meals are a joy to cook on this cooktop. But I agree, you have to experience it to appreciate it! I so nearly ended up with a sealed burner range when I remodeled my kitchen and I am so glad that I chose the Bluestar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here