Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding 27" wall oven that is short enough

Posted by reemg (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 20:39

We are looking to replace our 1960s GE electric wall oven that's in the original 1960s cabinet. So we pulled it out to get some measurements and what I'm finding is that most 27" wall ovens are taller than our limited space.

Our cutout currently measures 24.75"w x 24.25"h x 23 3/8"d. We could possibly cut out an inch from the top to make the height 25.25". We may also be able to cut out another 5/8" on the width. The other issue is that there is a wall on one side so even though the cabinet is 27", the door has to be a little smaller so it doesn't it the wall when it opens. Our current oven door is 26".

Most of the ones I've seen require at least 26" h cutout. Does anyone make an oven that will fit my space??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding 27

I think your options will be either a new cabinet or a 24' wall oven.

Verona VEBIE24PSS

Dimensions
Cutout Width : 22 3/64'
Cutout Depth : 22 7/16'
Cutout Height : 23 1/32'
Exterior Width : 24'
Exterior Depth : 23 1/32'
Exterior Height : 24'

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o
Gaggenau

Then there is the Gaggenau with side opening door. I don't quite understand your layout. I don't know if the side opening door helps or hinders. They sell right hinge and left hinge doors. This is a top shelf oven.

Dimensions
Exterior Width: 23 1/4"
Exterior Depth without Door: 21 9/16"
Exterior Height: 23 7/16"
Interior Width: 16 5/8"
Interior Depth: 16 7/8"
Interior Height: 15 1/16"
Cutout Width: 22 1/16"
Cutout Depth: 21 5/8"
Cutout Height: 23 1/4"
Exterior Height: 23 7/16"
Interior Width: 16 5/8"
Interior Depth: 16 7/8"
Interior Height: 15 1/16"
Cutout Width: 22 1/16"
Cutout Depth: 21 5/8"
Cutout Height: 23 1/4"

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o
RE: Need help finding 27" wall oven that is short enough

We had the same issue. The installers were able to cut around the sides and height (and there was a lot of back-and-forth as to whether and how much they could do, because of the construction of the 1964 cabinet). They made and primed a piece of trim to replace the one they had to remove to enlarge the opening.

As far as space to open the door, (and we had a similar issue where the countertop stuck out) could you make the opening ever so slightly off-center, trim more from one side? Thinking that if it's in the corner, people don't stand directly in front of it so it might not be noticeable?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here