Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcs1

XO range hoods where did you purchase yours from?

rcs1
9 years ago

In want to purchase the XO XOC 600cfm slide out range hood. There are no dealers in my area, so I have to purchase it online. I was going to order it from AJ Madison. Where did you purchase your XO hood from? Reviewing the boards, there are pros and cons for AJ Madison. The only other way I can see to order it is from XO company, and it is more expensive from them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info! I'm looking for a 36 inch slide out and am considering the Miele , Zephyr or Faber but the XO has a much better price with same 600CFM. Where is the XO manufactured? Also, just looked online and there is a company called abieelectronicsllc.com selling the XO hoods for much less than AJ Madison

• rcs1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nadia, did you receive my email? XO is made in Italy with a German motor. Good for you to find it for a cheaper price.

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Thanks rcs1! Looks like the XO is the way to go.

• rcs1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nadia I think you will really like it. I love that it slides out of the way, and is flush with my upper cabinets. I have a galley kitchen so this was absolutely perfect for me. Just be aware that it is light and not very heavy. The motor is heavy though,...if that makes sense. At first I was disappointed thinking it was flimsy, because I had nothing to compare it to. But it made the installation a breeze. There are three buttons on there that are not marked. I called the company and asked them how do I know which ones are which? The first one is 200 cfm, then 300 cfm then 600 cfm. There is also a timer button.
    The LED lights are really nice and light up my cooking surface very much. Also remember to turn the fan on before you start cooking, this really helps. One other thing I noticed is that when sautéing the surrounding area on my stove is cleaner,...bonus! For me the mesh will be a lot easier to clean than baffles. The mesh screens on these units pop out very easily. But this is a controversial subject on GW.

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Thanks RCS1. I had stainless baffles on my last hood (pro style Viking) and and I cut myself severely on several occasions taking them out to wash and putting them back in (it did say to wear gloves) I'm more than game to try the mesh screens.

• rcs1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That is exactly what I thought would be an issue is getting cut with the baffles and getting them in and out. I think you will like the mesh. You can put it in the dishwasher or I have used Dawn Power Dissolver on previous mesh screens, it is amazing stuff and literally dissolves the grease before your eyes, spray it and rinse it clean. Some people will say the mesh once it gets used a few times decreases the effectiveness that is why they like the baffles and it is more professional looking. I say blah blah to that. I want something that is great to clear the air and EASY to clean. So what if you have to unsnap them to clean them more often. I'm not frying things everyday or using a wok everyday either. But I am very happy I could help you with your decision :)

• adambomb7
    last month

Hey @rcs1. I was thinking of getting the XOC and wondered how yours is working for you still? Any updates on function, reliability? Has it needed servicing? Thank you in advance.

• rcs1
    Original Author
    last month

Hi Adambomb7. Yes I still have my XO hood that I purchased from AJ Madison. It still works great and I love it! It is awesome, and is of course space saving , because it slides out for use and then back in when not in use, and fits into a cabinet above my range. I have a galley kitchen, so this was perfect for me. I only put it on the 1st setting because it is so powerful. I love the fact that I can remove the mesh "grates" for cleaning. It is still very functional, and I thankfully have not had any problems with it. Hope this helps.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    last month

I have had this XO 36” slide-out hood for two years. I bought it from Royal Green appliances, a large NY-area dealer. i like it very much. The fan is strong, quiet on low and loud but effective on high. The lights are great. The hood is sleek and I love how it disappears when not in use. I prefer baffles to mesh but it’s fine because this hood is for a home where we have an induction cooktop and an outdoor grill and we don’t do very mich frying. The front area capture isn’t that deep so I try to do most of my frying on the back of the cooktop. In contrast, in my city apartment, we have a Modernaire hood over a powerful Blue Star gas range. I would not put the XO over that under any circumstances.