Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with purchasing stainless steel appliances?

Posted by cadence (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 20:27

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the market for a new frig, stove and dishwasher. I'm going for stainless steel. I'm just not sure which make to get? Do any of you have preferences for any particular manufacturer? If so, why? If I had children I prob wouldn't get ss but it's just me and hubby. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with purchasing stainless steel appliances?

What's your budget? 5K? 15K? 50K? Standard consumer sizes, or larger pro models?

o

You're likely to get universal advice to pick by individual appliances, not a suite of appliances by manufacturer/line. I agree with this, but would also caution to be aware of the differences in stainless. My Bosch dishwasher is whitish, almost more like aluminum, the Bosch range is almost yellow-goldish. My Samsung fridge, Monogram MW and Kobe hood are what I'd consider "normal" stainless.

With the exception of the hood and range, these are all placed far enough apart to where it doesn't bother me, but if they were all close together it would. Just something to consider.

o

Foodonastump - Actually stainless steel can vary even within a brand, so don't think that if you get a suite of appliances all of the same brand that the stainless finish will all be the same. Especially since most manufacturers don't make all the appliances under their name. Many re-badge other brands' appliances, particularly MWs, hoods and DWs. Or the stainless they use for one appliance is sourced from somewhere different than another of their appliances.

Cadence - please answer Hollysprings' questions, and we can give you advice.

o

Shannonplus - yeah, so I noticed. My two Bosches mentioned above are on the two far ends of the spectrum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here