Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
secondhalf_gw

24" hood depth/ 8 foot ceiling/tall chefs

secondhalf
11 years ago

Hi there- I am wrestling every appliance in our kitchen reno project to the ground, one at a time. (new members- learn from hours of my wasted time: don't get caught up in packages, and don't think that a large scale purchase at one place will save you the most money...I'm buying one at a time, focusing on each one, and negotiating each separately. Took me months of research and negotiating to realize that individual purchase would be the cheapest and most satisfying way to go)

I have triumphed over the range (Wolf DF 36") and the microwave (Sharp micro drawer) thanks to GW...now I have to face the range hood. Here is my question: I want to try going with the Kobe 24" depth chimney hood, but we have only 8 foot ceilings, and I am afraid the chimney will look ridiculous if we mount it high enough to give me comfortable headroom (the max allowable 30" above range). Do any of you have pics of 8 ft ceiling with 24" depth chimney hoods? I know performance is more important than looks but honestly I could go with the 20" depth as our burner use never involves much grease.

Comments (6)