Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what size range hood

Posted by Tr8acee (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 19:31

For a 30" Wolf AG range, what size range hood do I need to get. Do I stick with a 30" or 36" hood?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what size range hood

36 would be better.

o

It depends. Although the general recommendation these days is to go 3" wider on either side, if you have cabinets flanking the hood, you can go with a 30" hood. In my experience, the depth of the hood is more important than the width so that it covers the front burners. I have a 30" hood over a 30" prostyle range with flanking cabinets and the width is fine - the side cabinets never end up with any grease. On the other hand, my hood is only 19" deep and the outside front of the hood does sometimes get a bit greasy. In hindsight, I should have gotten a 24" or 27" deep hood but I wasn't aware of that issue at the time.

o

Always better to go with a hood wider than the range. And it's always better to use a rooftop mounted exhaust fan than an internal hood mounted fan.

Just depends on how much airborne grease you can tolerate and how much internal noise is acceptable. Good luck!

o

36" for sure. When steam/smoke rises it spreads. You want to have 3" of capture area on both sides to capture everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here