Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bertazzoni segmented cooktop

Posted by sksanborn (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 19:03

I am considering the bertazzoni dual gas and induction cooktop and would love to hear from someone who has it.

I can't find any reviews and cannot find it on display anywhere. At this point even experience with bertazzoni products in general would be appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bertazzoni segmented cooktop

The induction hobs are both rated at 1,4kw- 1.8kw.

That is the equivalent about 10.6 btu-14k btu for a standard sealed gas burner.

The power burner on the gas side is rated at 750 btu for simmer to 18k btu.

What is the point of induction if the peak power is that low and the range of temperature is that narrow?

If you really want both gas burners and induction hobs you are better off buying separate units.

o

Agree.

o

Typically combo units of any appliance offer the worst of both worlds because they are focused on convenience not quality of the individual elements. This typifies that perfectly.

o

Plus, I have a friend who remodelled and installed "some of each" gas and induction as two different cooktops. After a few months of use, she wished she had gone all induction. The convenience of having nearly instant response beat the familiarity of using flames.

Water boils rapidly, pans come up to temp in very little time, recovery time is about the same. Would you voluntarily take 20% to 50% longer to make a meal when you didn't have to?

There are precious few things where a gas burner beats an induction burner. The ones I can think of have to do with either cooking something that requires actual flames or owning very expensive cookware that isn't induction capable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here