Return to the Appliances Forum

o
nxr...??

Posted by tom_p_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 18:43

Geesh, went to the Durocorp site...is it me, or is it cheesy? Not much information, no links or any mention of retailers, bad photos, etc. It seems many have made the plunge and purchased. I am a bit leary and would not want to purchase site unseen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Not much....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nxr...??

Interesting.

o

Seems like a new company? Wonder if repair folks have parts? Some other posts seem to say they are decent ranges?

o

staceyneil took the plunge and purchase one. There were a couple of threads out here discussing it prior to purchase. I emailed her privately and she told me she was very happy with it. I am seriously considering it because I want something without all of the electronics but my dream Bluestar is probably out of budget.

Review of NXR

Another thread with NXR comments

o

Thanks all, very good information. $1800 cannot believe how low that is. The Viking I looked at was $3600 for the 30" model. I have no need for the electronics either and the electronic led panels are just ugly to me. I read about the NXR having a less refined look compared with others...is the stainless rough, uneven finish, etc ??

Has anyone found these in retail stores to actually look at? I found a bunch of online stores. I would find it hard to buy sight unseen.

o

tom - I can forward some of stacey's comments if you email me privately. She had some details about the 2 different 30'' models. She ended up with the more expensive one but I think she paid less than the list price for the cheaper one.

I can also send you a photo that Eurostoves forwarded to me. I will tell you it was not the most flattering photo. Stacey's looks much better. They do come in a few colors but nothing too exciting.

I guess my reasoning for considering it is that I could pay $1800 for an electric smoothtop with all of the electronics. I just don't want that anymore - I want knobs. I am coming from a 25 year old electric coil downdraft cooktop. It wouldn't take much to improve my cooking experience.

The videos of the BS on Eurostoves do give you something to think about, especially the ones on the heat loss and spread. My DH was sold on BS after that but like I said it is probably out of my budget for now.

Good luck and let us know what you select.

o

You have me curious now... I was looking at "Berta" as it is know on this forum, and thier oven volume is listed as 83 cubic liters. That converts to 2.9 cubic feet. Is it me, or is this way to small....? And their 36" gas is only 3.9 cubic feet. And the NXR has 4.2 cubic feet on the 30".

o

Are we onto something new here...the NXR. Too good to be true? I guess time will tell. The site on the posted link has one service company listed? And in Arizona. It appears they are new, very new, and have not much set up in terms of service or sales distributors. What reputable company does not even list where you can buy them is beyond me. Remember the term caveat emptor (spelling?)...buyer beware.

o

Since they are just starting out in the US, obviously they won't have enough product or resources to sell nationwide for some time. It is the lucky people who live close to the limited number of distributors/dealers and also their online dealers who will buy whatever is available.

Does GE list where you can buy an induction range? Let us know when you find it.

Their stuff has CSA approval which means all rules met for sale in the US.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dist

o

CSA approval...Canadian Standards Association...this does not help in the USA...is it AGA approved? I have not found one dealer in NJ selling these, or that heard of them. Anyone know where I can see one in real?

o

Actually, CSA and UL are each big in both USA and Canada.

http://directories.csa-international.org/xml_transform.asp?xml=certxml\231366-2711-81.xml&xsl=xsl/certrec.xsl

Here is a link that might be useful: NJ Dist

o

This is typical of many China imports...they make a bunch of "knock off" items at cheap prices. Years down the road they can become problematic with parts/repairs. I have had numerous "off name" things purchased (from tools, to grinders, to barbeque grills, etc) and over time they do not sell them anymore. I find this at Costco too, you see something cool and cheap. Yet you never find the name anywhere else. You search on the net and find it gets linked to a distributor name.

o

Mmmmm, you have me intrigued, confused, wondering. $1900 for a pro-look grill (viking type of look)?

I do recall buying an off name stainless outdoor grill at Costco years ago. No longer selling that name. But I would guess most parts are interchangeable. Repair folks have books and what not that cross reference everything. But being it is new, who knows?

Would be interested in what folks are saying that have had these for several years now. What is the finish on the steel like? Does is scratch or stain easily?

Please advise. Was going to spend the same on a GE cafe gas with the dual oven (bottom oven drawer). But the GE has the typical range look in my opinion. Not really wanting to upgrade to the $3600 30" Viking either.

o

Checked out the site. Seems like a high end look range. Mention on posts about the same parts as Viking....may be the same manufacturer...but the same?

Any longterm users can comment?

o

I called the distribution number for NJ...clueless. Some "girl" answered, had no clue about the NXR product. She gave me the cell phone number a "sales" rep. Even more cheesy now...the cell phone went to an automated voicemail with the computer geterated voicemail,"the user is not available, bla bla." No mention of the employee name, company name etc. Left a message, will let you know if they call and what they say.

o

I have emailed and left voicemails asking for someone to return my call as I was wondering if these are available in Canada. Not once has the company responded. Asked all of the big appliance stores in Toronto and none carry so I have had to rule it out. Think I will have to go for the Costco Bluestar RCS model for $1900 instead.

o

Costco Bluestar RCS ??? Where do you see that, on line. Or is that an instore item. I have not found that on there site?

o

Costco sells Whirlpool, and only Whirlpool on their website.

o

found this, but it does not say much? This thing in elusive, no?

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery NXR

o

Good find...the link for the blog mentions some specific parts in these units. I also noticed on their site, they have not manuals or parts lists you can download. I wish I could at least get a parts manual.

o

Found this on the AJ Madison Site:

Soooo Happy Posted: 7/15/09

Pros: looks value
Cons: scratches easily

"Had a small problem with delivery but they worked very hard and fixed that problem in a timely fashion. The stove is gorgeous and gives my kitchen the look I wanted for a whole lot less than the popular models out there so I had extra money for glass tiles and a gorgeous hood. It has simmer burners that are perfect flame height and the convection(which I have never used before) is fast and bakes like a dream come true. I owned a restaurant for 14 years and had a huge Vulcan and swore I was going to get one for my house when I sold the restaurant. They do not make a 30 inch one so I started my search and ended with the NXR. I did not like that it was not made in America, but needed to save money and went with that and am not sorry at all as no one else even comes close for that price. It will be hard to keep clean and it looks like it will scratch easily but I am careful and clean up messes immediately so it seems like I can handle that. My husband and son worked for hours converting it to LP which was a real pain(he worked for a gas company so knew how to do this). If you can buy it set up for LP then pay extra and have it set up that way before purchasing or plan on paying someone for a few hours from your local gas company."

o
edit

Another One:

best purchase for the buck Posted: 6/5/09

Pros: how it cooks and looks
Cons: haven't found any at this time

"The oven is out of this world in how it bakes, the slow cooking on the stove top is excellent and the commercial look of this range is excellent. My friends can't believe the cost."

o
edit 1

Another One:

Initial Impression Posted: 10/9/08

Pros: price, looks, build quality, high power burners
Cons: it would be nice to have full width grates

"This oven replaced a $1700 Amana range. For a very small increase in price I got a much nicer range. The amana range was about half the weight of the new NXR range. If weight is any indication of quality, this will last a long time! I have found the oven to be about 50 degrees below the set point in actual temperature, though. But this is easily remedied by the infinately adjustable knob. The look of the appliance is top notch. The only complaint here is this: I would have prefered full width grates. The legs are very easily adjustable and stout. You'll need very sturdy legs to support the 310 lbs of this stove! 4 15.5k burners is a nice thing to have, even too much for most folks, I think. Dual ring burners make adjustability easy and slick. Knobs on the front of the range are actual metal, not just plastic colored like metal. Hook up and install was simple, and the blue interior sets everything off nicely. I also enjoy the convection fan which can be activated independantly from the heating element- this can be used to aid defrosting of frozen meats, etc..
All in all, my first impressions are very good. I will report back after I have more time with the range"

o

Still, what does that tell us? AJ Madison reviews, true or made up, who knows. One rating says the stainless scatches easily...???

o

I called an appliance store in NJ, and they have floor samles. Geesh, called a gazillion stores.

Whoever used the term elusive...that is so true.

Any NXR users out there can provide there opinions after using these for several years? Every stove is great new, but what about after the two year mark?

Is the NXR here to stay? I am intrigued.

o

What is the name of the store with floor models?

o

What NJ store has the NXR on the floor ????

o

I would think Reno's would have the NXR on display

o

They did have the NXR...impressed. I stopped by today. I like the straight handle model better. For half the price of a Viking...I could never see buying a Viking now. And it is cheaper than some free standing run of the mill stoves. Store owner says not one break down yet or complaint.

o

stacyneil told me she found one on craigslist in Texas that turned out to be store called AusTex. Their online prices were apparently higher. She ended up getting a local store to match the craigslist price. Normally the one with the straight handles, DRGB3001, seems to run a few hundred more but she got it for around $1899. The lower end model, NRG3001, has a slanted control panel that you may or may not like. I thought you could buy a center grate for $50 but eurostoves is the only place where I have seen that mentioned.

o
Photos?

If any of you find one in person, would you mind posting a photo or two? That would be a big help. I can't seem to find one here in Atlanta.

o

H&H appliances in Heightstown NJ has them on the showroom floor according to the salesman I called. He said the pricepoint is right and they have sold quite a few and have not had issues.

Anyone on this forum been using one for awhile?

o

Considering this stove. Hearing only positive comments. But I agree, how are these things holding up?

o

Do they make a 48" range?, I could not find this on their website.

o

I think just 30 and 36 according to their site. I called our local utility appliance repair center. I got a repair guy who said the same thing that the guts (burners) are made by the same company as Wolf. He also said the other 90% of parts in a range are the same. They all ulimately cross reference to the same stuff. Except for the obvious cosmetic items.

That being said, why is one twice the price of the other?

o

Saw the NXR at Reno's in Fairfield off of Route 46 in NJ.

Wow, decent range. As I was talking about it, several others overheard me and go interested too. Move over Wolf and Viking. The Wolf was $5K versus $1900 on the NXR. The NXR looks like a well made range. Nice blue interior, solid door, and made of the same guage stainless as all the other more expensive ranges.

o

check this link....

Here is a link that might be useful: Info

o

All kinds of re-marketing hype about the origins of this piece, probably because dealers were letting out that it was Chinese. The Duro website, marketing literature, and dealer spiel is now all about how they use German and US parts.

"Four 15,000 BTU burners found on the NRG3001 are products of the world-renowned burner manufacturer Isphording, located in Attendorm, Germany."

Isphording states on their site, "At this time, with almost 30 different burner systems, many of them designed and developed to meet customers' specific designs and patents, ISPHORDING now has the world's biggest variety of gas burner systems." -- so it would not be surprising for an ODM to go to a company like Isphordig to source burners.

Does Duro have any in-house range expertise or are they just a savvy overseas ODM? Who knows.

Is the NXR piece a huge step up from box-store pieces? I think so. Does it compete with the better performance oriented prosumer lines like American, Blue Star, Capital? Not even close, in my opinion.

Would I cook on one for $2000? Yes. Why don't I? Cleaning of the top looked like a disaster to me (too many seams and nooks to trap grime), the quality and fit and finish, compared to the American Range 30" at under $2900 was, in my opinion, a sufficient cost/quality/performance trade-off to make.

"Duro Corporation was established 3 years ago as a result of the success of their parent company, a grill manufacturing giant that began manufacturing mid to high-end stainless steel grills 7 years ago, and is now one of the largest manufacturers of grills in the world; the bulk of their business comprised of private label OEM work the world around. Now, as a refined producer of high quality merchandise, they began looking at alternative avenues to venture down. With their global sales and marketing offices located in Industry, CA, Duro Corporation was founded on the idea of bringing pro style ranges previously only affordable to the ultra-rich, to a price point suitable to the average American household."

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR/Duro

o

I'm just shy of a year cooking on an NXR (the 30" one with the straight handle). Only one issue - one knob had a bad casting and was kind of loose/wobbly - they replaced it promptly.

Pros: Performance has been outstanding. Burners are excellent, oven is well calibrated, IR broiler is very good. Performs every bit as good as anything else out there (costing 2x - 3x as much).

Cons: Yes, it does scratch a little easily - but so does any other SS range I've seen when you drag heavy cast iron things across it. It's not nearly as refined in fit and finish as some other ranges (and agree with comment above - there are nooks that capture crumbs and make it a little harder to clean).

I was concerned about the service on a Chinese-manufactured range as well - but if you do a little research, you'll see they've outsourced their service to the same company that Wolf uses to service their ranges.

Overall opinion - if you want something that's rock solid with excellent performance, go for the NXR. If you want a showpiece, look elsewhere.

o

mistermackie - would you mind posting a photo of yours? It sure would help. It is such a hard decision.

o

Great, we have user feedback that is very positive. I think I am going for it. I do not need a showpiece, from everything I am reading, it is decent looking, and will be a pro-look range. And beat my ancient stove now. Plus you can get these for $1900, no tax, no shipping.

o

Let me know how it goes. I keep going back and forth because of the cleaning issues. I looked at some super cheap gas ranges over the weekend and I just couldn't go there.

o

Mistermackie, great information.

Odiegirl113 - I agree, cheap gas ranges and run of the mill stuff runs around the same price or a couple hundred dollars less. Now I am considering the NXR, it beats all the non pro ranges hands down in regards to BTU ratings and the IR burner. And if it runs as good as the high end stuff, that is great, despite it may be not as fancy looking as the others. And like it was mentioned, all Stainless behaves the same way in regards to scratching.

I have a feeling, these stoves are going to become very popular as they become known.

o

For that price and feature set I'd order the Premier Pro series. It's a basic pro-look range which cooks well, and it less money than the NXR. I used to have the 36" open burner.

Plus it's an American company although some parts on mine were made in Turkey.

o

This thing is ugly...in my opinion....

Here is a link that might be useful: ???

o

That's a truly dreadful picture, but it's not fantastically beautiful in person. Impressive enough to draw tons of oohs and aahs when I was selling my house, though. There's something about a huge hunk of cast iron clad 6 burner stainless steel gas range that gets cooks worked up. :)

o

Hi you guys,

I have been cooking on my NXR DRGB3001 since early summer, and I do love it. I just can't imagine being happier with anything in this price range and I am a very picky second-guesser. (I have some regrets about other kitchen reno decisions, but not my range!)

I agree with mistermackie... fit and finish is not quite what you get with ranges $1-3k more expensive. But the thing looks great and it's a dream to cook on and in. The burners are far nicer than those on the Capitol range I comapred side-by-side in a showroom. I believe they are the same burners that Wolf uses... My gas man was drooling over them and said they were the nicest he'd seen. The high flame is 15k btu, which I find is PLENTY for searing and stir-frying, and the low simmer is the barest whisper of flame, great for delicate sauces, melting butter, etc. The convection oven makes gorgeous cakes, cookies, and roasted things where you want a nice crispy crust.

My DH did scratch the SS when moving the heavy cast iron burners, but I saw the same scratches in showrooms on other SS ranges, especially the GE Cafe. I don't know if a pricier Viking or whatever would scratch less easily or not.

The local appliance repair guy, who was here working on our hood, said that the parts are all so simple and widely available (ie no special electronic modules to fail, just burners and ignitors) that he couldn't imagine service ever being a problem.

Here are a few photos of mine, during the reno (excuse the mess and incomplete counters/backsplash!):

o

Wow...great staceyneil...pictures !!!!!!!!! The elusive NXR is being uncovered.

Great kitchen. The NXR range rocks. You cannot tell it from a Viking, Wolf, etc. Up close, yes I guess, but not when you walk into a kitchen. It is light years better than your basic range.

I am convinced, I am going NXR. I cannot spend the extra on an upscale brand...I cannot justify 3,4,5 grand in my budget.

o

You made my day, looks like a range worth looking into, especially at $1900 or a bit less.

o
edit

Can we get a shot of the inside (blue enamel)...yes, this may be a rude request being ovens can be dirty inside. We won't judge you.

And a shot of the top of the range. Closer up.

o

Looks like a Viking to me....nice job. Nice range. Why are people saying the finish is not refined???

o

Thanks staceyneil for the updated review and photos. It looks wonderful in your kitchen. Is it a huge pain to clean? I can't imagine it could be worse than my SS downdraft electric coil cooktop. Ugh!

o

Hi guys-

I'm unable to get new pics on line at the moment (switched computers and dont have image0editing stuff installed yet) but I will definitely take some more photos and upload them when I get the chance.

It's not a HUGE pain to clean... There are some seams in the SS top where food/spills can get caught but its not bad. My DH usually cleans up after dinner and (though I LOVE that he does clean up!) he's definitely not the most fastidious cleaner. I'd say we do a quick wipe-up most nights, just warn water and dish soap on a sponge, dried with a dish towel after. Maybe two or three times a week (if we've had a pot overflow) we remove the cast iron grates and wipe under them. And maybe once a week we do a more thorough cleaning, using the corner of a white scrubby sponge in the joints, and cleaning with SS wipes afterwards. Every couple of weeks I use Bar Keepers Friend to remove any discoloration/baked on oil on the SS top.

I've cleaned the oven twice this summer. One time I made roast chicken parts in a too-shallow pan and I got grease spatters ALL OVER the lovely blue enamel interior and window. That was not easy to clean: I warmed it up and then used lots of hot, soapy, vinegary water. I got most of it, and will probably do a more thorough cleaning in another month or so. The oven's NOT self-cleaning, remember, and the manual says not to use commercial oven cleaners (Why not?) Someone on the Kitchen Forum suggested heating up vinegar-water or diluted ammonia and letting it sort of steam clean the oven. I may try that. But when I post pics of the interior you'll see, its not that bad... and I have done a lot of baking & roasting in there.

o

Do all stoves say, do not use "oven cleaners." I have been using the cleaner in the can for years on my regular run of the mill stove, even though it has a self cleaning mode (which I think stinks, nothing beats the spray cleaner).

Without the spray cleaner, how do you get the baked on stuff off?

A bit concerned about that statement, but if all ovens say that, they are just doing it to cover their butt on the enamel finish.

o

If the manual states not to use "commercial oven cleaner" in the NRX oven rather than not to use "oven cleaner", it is likely they are forbidding the use of the much more powerful lye based liquid chemicals supplied to restaurants and similar places for oven and deep fryer appliance cleanup.

o

Is the NXR manual in line with other stoves regarding that statement? I guess store bought oven cleaners are OK?

o

Hi guys-
I got the manual out and here's what it says:
" Porcelain surfaces:
Clean oven interior and inner door liners with a solution of mild detergent and hot water. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasives or commercial oven cleaners." (bold is mine)

o

Thanks staceyneil, you have been a great help.

Does your manual have a parts list, schematics, etc. Just curious. The website has very little information, which makes sense being it is a new company trying to get a foothold in the market.

o

This came from Viking Site. The Viking Site also said lemon, tomato sauce, etc WILL stain the steel. What? Why would anyone want to own a SS range after reading this? I guess making sauce is out of the question. What we do to keep up with the latest trends.

Non self-cleaning ovens
Oven door: For non self-cleaning ovens, use Easy-Off Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner. Apply oven cleaner with a damp sponge.
Oven racks and rack supports: Clean with hot, soapy water or Soft Scrub cleanser. Remove before self-cleaning.
Oven interior surfaces: Use Easy-Off Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner. Follow manufacturers directions. For self-cleaning ovens, remove oven racks and rack supports and follow self-clean instructions in the Use and Care Manual.
Never line the oven cavity with aluminum foil. It will melt on and permanently damage the surface

o

Looks great Staceyneil.

Anyone know of any stores in the NY area that may have one on the showroom floor? I think I may go with the NXR.

o

Tri state area?? If so, I know places have been listed in NJ. Call the sales distribution number on their website, they will give you the name of a retailer that has floor models. Give it time, these things are getting more popular. Renos in NJ, said they are selling these more and more, more so than the higher prices ones. They have a sign on top of the stoves that says, "why pay more." He also said on the phone, since he started selling these 3 years ago, NOT ONE repair or complaint. This is amazing. I think these things are built better that we think.

o

Also wanted to point out that the link posted by mrsr above ("this thing is ugly") is NOT the NXR AG range we are talking about.

o

lol...yes, was the premier brand...ugly in deed..lets not give the NXR a bashing, it is indeed a nice range.

o

My aunt has an NXR for at least 3 years. No issues. Nice range. When I first saw it, thought it was a Viking or some other high end range. I guess it you are super picky and anal, you could compare it to one twice its price and find differences. In my last home, I had a new Viking that broke twice in the first year I had it.

o

I think Costco sells NXR items.

o

I do not think the NXR is sold in Costco, unless they have sold Grills there. I do know they often sell off brand stainless grills.

I did see the NXR in several stores. They are quite popular despite the comments. The dealer said he always gets the jaw dropping moment from the customer when he tells people they can get a pro range for $1900. I think the cost concious buyer is this ranges market niche. Many buyers go shopping for the pro look having no clue how expensive they are, then they gasp at the Viking/Wolf cost when they find out.

The dealer explained the range really has all the right components...same guage stainless as Viking, infrared broiler, convection oven, wolf burners, etc. Maybe NXR got it right. And the cost is low...because it is made in China which I am sure is the main cost savings driver??

Really...what other pro range is this affordable. I think they stand out among the crowd in this respect.

o

NXR if not a Costco item.

o
edit

Typo...NXR IS not a Costco item

o

For stores in NY, maybe AJ Madison. But take a ride to NJ, several stores have them on display.

o

Is this brand in the consumer reports analysis?

o

Just learned these things have infrared broilers, a high end upgrade.

o

NXR at Reno's in Fairfield off of Route 46 in NJ had this range there when I was looking at dishwashers and it was beautiful to me and I will consider it next year when I am in the market for a new range. The inside was very nice also.

They also gave me the best price so far for four dishwashers I was considering. Their staff is amazingly knowledgeable and their store is beautiful.

o

Lynn..ditto. The store is great. I was impressed with all those replica antique ovens they had. Very unique appliances. I never saw a store like this...I guess I am used to the PC Richards environment. They had the most oven/ranges I have ever seen in one store at once. They did quote me better pricing that the box stores, so proof the little store can compete is reassuring. They are a no pressure store...you go in, they help you, provide written quote on the items you are considering, then back away.

They had nothing but high remarks on the NXR, they had both the 30" and 36" ranges on the floor.

o

Went to Renos in NJ, price for the slanted front model (NRG3001) was $1999. For the staight front model (DRG3001) was $2299.

Why is one more than the other?

Is the stanted front an older model?

Based upon this, I will buy from the other internet providers...no tax, no shipping, and $1999 for the staight front model I want.

It appears they are upcharging for the straight front version, in my opinion, it looks much nicer. The dealer did confirm the guts are the same as Wolf.

o
edit

What is a flame kit ???

Here is a link that might be useful: Flame Kit

o

matt_r - Can you keep me posted on where you end up making your purchase? Still debating here.

o

Odiegirl...I seem to like AusTex. It is a store with an internet service also in Texas. The flat front is $1999. And they told me they sell hundreds of these, no issues. No returns or complaints. They said NXR packs the ovens the best, super secure. Free shipping. They also sell the center grate for $50.

I have not been able to make a decision. I can't get over the fact of spending $3500 and up for a Viking or other high priced range and it is much more than I should be spending. And the NXR seems to be 100% better than all the other affordable ranges and has the pro look. I have not heard anything bad about this range, have you?

Do you like the slant or straight front?

o

A flame kit appears to be related to the color options based upon that link? Maybe a colored insert on the top of the range?

o

matt - I know most people only like the straight front but I guess I don't care either way. I guess the straight front would stick out less and that is probably a good thing. I kind of like the handles on the slant front. I guess I might let my designer friend pick one.

Like you said, it is hard to justify $3-4K on a range. My cooking skills are more in line with the $800 models. I have never had gas before and I may have said this but I am coming from a downdraft electric coil cooktop.

One person's only complaint was that the grates seemed to stick up higher than some. I must admit I like the grates on the Bluestar and cleaning it seems like a total breeze.

Still thinking...

o

I had heard form one dealer (so it's as true as anything a dealer tells you) that NXR was planning on only selling the one trim style at the $2000 price and discontinuing the other. If you have your heart set on the other style, I'd call you regional distributor to find out about availability.

o

Here they are...showroom 36" pictures. Taken with a camera phone, so not the best of quality pictures. The range is by far, much better in person. Actually, my husband did not notice a difference with the higher (much higher) priced ones next to it. I think the 30" range is much more nifty range. The store had that one on the floor too with the angled front. On the 30", you can get a center grate. On the 36", you can get a griddle in lieu of the 2 center burners. Had a beautiful blue enamel interior. The dealer has been selling more of these than the Vikings, so go figure. The sign says, "Why pay more?"

o

Great job Matt! I like it.

Thanks for your info sfjeff. It seemed kind of silly to me to pay more for the flat style even if it looked better. Now I don't have to worry about that decision.

o

Bit confused...are they going with the straight front only? Or the slanted front only? Thanks for the pictures, I think all these posts convinced me to consider this range. Wow, the one floor model looks great. Put a Viking badge on that, you have a clone. LOL.

o

I believe it is the straight front that will remain

o

Linking you to this post...good NXR info here too. I am excited about the range after talking with Trevor at Eurostoves. See the link for comments.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR good info here too

o

Good find. When you said well built by Trevor, I checked out the weight on the 30" to compare:

NXR - 385 lbs
Bluestar RNB - 375 lbs
Capital - 275 lbs

So we know we can rule out it is certainly not light weight as being an issue.

This is becoming an interesting thread...we learned alot.

o

Who is Trevor? Does he sell NXRs? And how do you buy one online...do they actually ship these cross country. And I went onto AusTex website and shipping is free, how do they do this with no shipping. I would think that would cost several hundred dollars.

o

Stephh1: Just Google "Eurostoves Beverly."

o

Yes, he does sell NXR and several other brands. Their product knowledge is excellent, exceeded only by their customer service. Their prices are very competitive (not surprising on UMRP product). In my opinion (and personal practice), it is well worth purchasing from a vendor that will support you, even if the cost is a few dollars more to your door than the "low bidder." One answered phone call at what you thought would be "after hours" that lets you cook a meal at home instead of having to go out more than compensates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eurostoves

o

I wonder if all this stir about the NXR causes the price of the range to increase because of demand. Will the dealers think, "Oh...I can get several hundred dollars more being people want these?" I wonder why one store is increasing the more desirable straight front over the slanted front models?

o

Hi, does anyone know of a dealer in the Chicago area that is carrying NXR ranges? I'd like to see one in person... Thanks!

o

Tip...I found my local dealer that had showroom models by calling the Durocorp distributor office. A lady answered that did not know much, but she gave me the cell phone of the local sales representative for NXR. He gave me several dealer locations that had them on the floor close to where I lived. There is another recent post on the NXR, and one poster is planning to post more pictures of the actual ranges. Solid range though. I was looking at a GE regular range, but for a couple of hundred dollars more, I can get a heavy duty range. Still trying to make a final decison. It has an infrared burner too. I wish more people would post on its operation. Supposedly, Trevor likes them too.

o

I only saw the slanted handle at Reno's again today and really liked the model and would love to see a 30" one in person with the straight handle. I can't see why the straight handle is more which bothers me. I really like the fact that it is easy to use with no fancy programming and less electronic controls to break down.

I just wonder how difficult it is to clean without a self-cleaning feature that I thought I wanted but I never used before since it never worked on my Whirlpool gas range when I bought my home 12 years ago.

I am also looking at the 30" GE Cafe Range, 30" GE Profile Slide, and the KitchenAid Slide in models.

I have made up my mind today that due to my petite height, I want all controls in the front of my gas range for safety purposes.

Does the convention switch convert normal temperatures and time to convention temperatures and time or do you need a book to convert these?

Any more pictures or information of the NXR? Any body else have this range and love it? Any negatives about the gas range? Anybody purchase it for less than the discussed prices?

o

You saw them in Renos too. They had a 36" range too, so the 30" range would be identical. From reading this forum, it appears most high end ranges do not have self cleaning features, so not having it on the NXR seems to make sense. The 30" range should cost you $1999. I was looking at the GE cafe (saw at Renos too...that store is awesome by the way, such a great floor inventory). I just felt it was too flimsy for the price and I did not like the red labeling on it). It just looked like a run of the mill range. The knobs and layout of everything I just did not like. I think the NXR is a much better bet and gives you a better looking range. The GE cafe had too much "stuff" on it plus electronics. The fifth burner and second oven seemed nice, but I would never ever need a 5th burner. And the second oven is too small and gimicky to me. I think the GE will cost you more also if I recall.

By the way, what did you think of the reproduction antique ranges and refrigerators in that store?

o
Fall & Others -RE: nxr...??

Hi fall, I loved the way the reproduction antique ranges and refrigerators looked at the Reno's Appliance store but they are not in my price range.

I got a price of $1999.00 for the GE Cafe but that is the discounted price at many places around me and a price for the NXR for $1999.00 with the curved arm that I thought was nice but it seems it will be discontinued and I should try to get a better price on the straight arm that is more money.

I watched the video on cleaning the ovens and it looks like a lot of work.

All the burners are 15,000 BTU's which is nice with a simer button on any of the 4 burners on top. Will I ever need an 18,000 BTU burner like the GE Cafe has?

I like that the GE Cafe has no controls in the back and less electronics to break down. I wish it would have a storage drawer underneath and I wish it would be self-cleaning.

There is not middle rack to move the pots around like the GE Profile and the GE Cafe but maybe it is not necessary to move them around since each burner is the same BTU's with the same range from simmer, low, medium and high?

My other concern is no conversion for the convention feature of the over like the GE Cafe has. But I like that all the burners are the same and I like the looks of it.

I looked at the video for cleaning a Blue-Star and it sure looked like a lot of work. So I guess those are my concerns as I am trying to make a decision that would be good for me.

Fall, which arm style do you like better?

Hence, now it seems that I have narrowed down my choices to the NXR 30" ProRange, the GE Cafe Free Standing Range with no controls on the back and the GE Profile Slide-in Range that has the nice slanted controls with nice features but the highest BTU burner is not as high as the GE Cafe and it sits higher up on the counter by 3/4" and has more black on the front with only a storage drawer.

I really liked the Kitchen-Aid slide-in also which has arms that would match my dishwasher but I worry about the reviews on it breaking down when using the self-cleaning feature.

o

Hi, Be careful of the cooking dimensions of some of the consumer ranges. My Bosch range has a 9 inch gap between the center of the burner in the front to the center of the burner behind it. This is not enough for 2 decently sized pans. (ex. 2 10 inch pans would need at least 10 inches gap to work, preferably 11 inches) The NXR has an 11 inch gap.

Also, make sure you have enough depth in the oven. Our Bosch range has only 15 inches of depth on the oven racks, and many cookie sheets require 16 inches. The NXR has 16 inches...

Food for thought. I wish someone had pointed these two things out to me...

o

9 inch gap between the center of the burner in the front to the center of the burner behind it. This is not enough for 2 decently sized pans. (ex. 2 10 inch pans would need at least 10 inches gap to work, preferably 11 inches) The NXR has an 11 inch gap.

I can't stress how much of a difference this kind of thing makes. Owning a range with 11" burner spacing means you can generally use the front and rear burner at the same time -- at 9" a four-burner range is effectively reduced to two, unless you are very careful with pot arrangement and temperature (hard to run a 12" saute and an 8" simmer, for example).

As Vincent11 points out, the NXR has a healthy front-to-back spacing.

o

"Fall, which arm style do you like better?"

I like the straight handle. I would not get a slanted front, I just do not like the look. The straight handle looks similar to the other pro ranges.

o

Vincent11, SFJeff, and Fall, I want to thank all of you for your recent posts.

I guess despite catching up with some sleep, I am still tired since I typed. "I like that the GE Cafe has no controls in the back and less electronics to break down. I wish it would have a storage drawer underneath and I wish it would be self-cleaning." when I was talking about the NXR.

Thanks Fall for your opinion so if I get the NXR, I would want the straight arm.

I have now narrowed down my choices to the NXR and the GE Cafe. The GE Cafe has the Temperature Probe that I love, and the self-cleaning feature. If the NXR would have these two features, I would prefer the NXR since I like the set up of it and having all 4 burners the same that are spaced correctly with less electronics to break down. But I do think I like those two extra features the GE Cafe has but since I have not used these two features, I can only think what I would like.

o
Question for Staceynail on her venting hood- RE: nxr...??

Staceyneil, I love the look of your venting hood. Which model is this and brand? It really adds to the high end look to the NXR. Again, I thank you for sharing the pictures.

o

The GE Cafe has the Temperature Probe that I love

Is that significantly better than this for about $20?
When the temperature probe in the oven craps, how much is the GE one to replace?

o
Sfjeff- RE: nxr...??

Sfjeff, thank you! I just printed this as well as saved the link.

o

What are the knobs made of? Are they plastic or metal? Do they feel cheap or have a good solid quality feel to them?

o

Lots of people here have talked about the great price on NXR - but what about Fratelli Onofri? A 36" dual fuel Evolution model starts at $2500 at AJ Madison. Any thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to 36

o

Have had my NXR since just before Thanksgiving, and so far I am loving it. The knobs are big, solid, one of the things I really liked about the range. Ended up buying it from AusTex (they shipped it to Manhattan). I'll post after six months or so, when I've really taken it around the block.

o

OK, I'm off to look at a few showrooms here, I am leaning towards the NXR but want to take a look at a few others in the 2k - 3k ballpark. I'm pretty messy in the kitchen (I'm a guy after all) so not sure about the "weld" issues that might trap grime are a good fit for me, although that may not be a big deal. I'm in North Carolina and there don't appear to be any local dealers here, so would have to go site unseen there.

Blue Star sounds like a great cooking device, I'm certainly no expert chef and I tend to grill outside a good bit, so not sure if its worth the extra money and reading about some issues here.

Capital has a nice look to it, but again same price point as Blue Star for 30 inch.

Decisions Decisions! Ultimately, it might come down to finding a great deal (if I don't go NXR)...if anyone has seen anything let me know.

o

I have been researching about a new 30" slide in range for sometime now and finally bought the NXR. I live in Austin so I can see it in person next to the Thermador at Aus-Tex. There is also another store here in Austin that carries Dacor, Bertazonni, DCS, Viking, GE Cafe, and some high end units that I can't remember, so I had the opportunity to see many ranges before I made my purchase. I'm not into fancy read-out displays and electronics, so I wasn't really giving those ranges much attention (I want the professional look). If money was no object, I would've bought the Thermador simply because I absolutely love the way it looks and I know the performance is great. My wife and I aren't professional cook's but we love cooking (we also bought the Big Green Egg for grilling out doors and love it) and for the overall of quality and affordablity of a professional range, I don't think you can beat the NXR. Also wanted to point out this is my 2nd purchase from Aus-Tex, owned by father and son, and are very nice and helpful and he showed me the just under 100 NXR ranges in stock. Will write a follow up once we really get into using the range.

o

wow...100 ranges in stock, some operation...

o

Hi again guys-

Just wanted to report back after cooking on my NXR through the holidays...

(Also to add, to the poster who mentioned the Fratelli Onofri above, I think that that is the company who makes Ikea's 36" pro range, which is pretty darn nice and also very inexpensive.)

lynn2006, my hood is by Thermador. It's an older discontinued model. Because of our meager budget I could not afford a new, big-enough hood. The NXR's burners dictate at least 600 CFM. I found this one at a local appliance place, without a motor. Then I found a new-old-stock motor for it on eBay. BIG MISTAKE! The thing sounded like a jet taking off. Ridiculously loud. So we invested in a remote blower by Fantech, which we mounted just under the roof cap, and a length of duct silencer. We left the noisy Thermador motor in the hood, so now if I need mega-ventilation I can run both of them. For normal cooking the remote does the job quietly. But this is an option you should consider: buy just the hood -not the fan, which is usually sold separately- that you like, and then install the remote blower by Fantech. It'll be less expensive than the blowers sold with the fancy hoods.

OK back to my NXR!
It was awesome during the holidays. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the convection fan. Burners remain wonderful. Cleaning is not bad.

The oven capacity is fine--- plenty big enough for a turkey, or a couple racks of cookies (which cook much more evenly than I ever experienced, due to the convection.) The oven is NOT as enormous as a regular cheapie oven, I assume because of the insulation required. But its waaaaay bigger than the bertazzoni. I loved the Berta and really wanted to buy one but that oven never would have worked for my cooking. It is really, really small. You could not cook a 16# turkey in it, the turkey would be touching the broiler element. Anyway- the NXR's oven is a fine size.

BUT----- a couple of days ago the oven stopped lighting. I called NXR and it seems its a bad safety valve. It's under warranty so they are going to fix it of course, BUT they cannot find a local service person. I knew this might be a problem going into the purchase, since we live in Maine, but it has been three days since I called and we still dont have an appointment yet. I will call back this afternoon. It's a real bummer not having the oven, as we use it daily.

Will report back...

o

Wow...I have enjoyed reading all this because I am trying to decide on a range. I think the self cleaning feature is the best ever invention and don't think I could go back. Plus, since I have never owned convection before, I need the automatic conversion. I am about ready to go GE Cafe.

o

I have nveer used the self-cleaning function in an oven. Am I the only one?

o

Chris, me too. I have used 2 ovens in the past with self cleaning on them. Tried it once. Not impressed. I did not like the fact it was running full steam ahead and locked closed for hours. I found a can of oven cleaner from the local A&P was quicker and better.

o

I asked the NXR tech guy and he told me this is the best way to clean an oven:

Put a cup of half water and half ammonia in the oven, let it sit overnight at regular room temperature. In the morning, open the oven and wipe down the insides.

I have not tried this yet, but plan to.

o

Stacey...do you spray it on the inside? Or you just leave the water/ammon. mixture in a cup? Never heard that. Is your NXR working? Don't worry long term, all the NXR parts in the inside are 99% the same on any range. Any repair service will open it up, cross reference the parts and replace. Gas stoves are not a big mystery...they all operate identically, especially when there are no electronics.

o

Hi Tom-
Thanks, yeah, that's one of the reasons we wanted a range like this (versus one like the GE cafe with all sorts of electronic modules.) My DH is a systems tech and mechanic so he's handy with this sort of thing. We figure once its out of warranty we'll be able to repair it ourselves. But in the meantime it IS in warranty, and since we're up to our ears in a DIY bathroom remodel, we want THEM to come fix it!

RE: the ammonia. You just mix it 50/50 with water in a bowl or cup or whatever, and leave it in the oven. At least according to the rep. Apparently its the fumes alone that do all the work.

o

So we are in the market for a new range, after a horrible experience with an Amana slide-in-- repairs cost more than the purchase price after 7 years of use-- and after reading these posts we are thinking very hard about the NXR range. I wonder, StacyNeil, could you follow up on your repair experience? I read a couple of posts about Bluestar service horror stories that make me somewhat wary of buying a less familiar name. Thanks in advance!

o

The bluestar phone number is weak, no one will ever pick up. Best you can do is leave a message and hope for the best.

o

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually interested in feedback on the NXR range. Thanks!

o

staceyneil - Did you ever get your range fixed?

o

I am having a kitchen remodel done. I have the opportunity to reconfigure from what we currently have, which is: Center island w/ GE 30" 4-burner modular downdraft gas cooktop, and 27" dual electric wall ovens (non-convection).

What we want to change to is: Stand-alone 36" SS range (cooktop+oven), 6 top burners w/ convection oven slide-in (installed in) wall cabinet location (no more island location), with a SS wall vent hood. In other words, like stacey's installation except with 36" unit.

Like others, we have looked at GE Cafe and the high end products (Viking, etc.). We like the GE Cafe pricing, but not so much the look (looks "regular" not pro-style).

I like everything I am seeing and reading about the Duro/NXR 36" 6-burner range/oven.

I see that the NXR is all-gas (was originally wanting dual-fuel gas range burners w/ electric oven), and also no self-cleaning.

From the previous posts it looks like people that have a NXR are happy with the gas oven, and have taken to manually clean the oven interior.

Questions for anyone wishing to help w/ input:

1) Will I be happy with the NXR gas oven? Are there any "gotchas" to be aware of with a gas oven? (I'm coming from years of electric oven use).

2) NXR gas oven temp actual consistent with oven temp selected via front-panel control?

3) Vent hood #1- Any recommendations on a quality regular SS vent hood that is not horribly loud when it runs (Vent-a-hood etc.)?

4) Vent hood #2- For the 36" 6-burner NXR range(6-15k btu burners), will a 36" 600 cfm vent fan be enough? I can't recall the rule for sizing the vent fan?

I'm now trying to find a 36" NXR range where I live so I can see one. I can drive to Austin TX. if I have to (austex.com).

Thanks very much in advance for any help/thoughts/advice.

-Gary K

o

Following up to my own post:

1) We are driving to Austin TX to "austexappliance.com" B&M store this Sat. to see the NXRs. Will probably buy the 36" and have it shipped (for free) to our TX residence. We favor the "straight" front panel unit (newest design) rather than the "angled" panel (older design). BTW the older design can be had for less cost than the newer.

2) Vent Fan: Researched this on Vent-A-Hood web site. Need 1 CFM of ventilation for every 100 BTU of heat the rangetop can produce. So for the NXR 36" 6-burner range, each burner 15k BTU, then 6x15k=90k BTU total. 90,000/100 = 900, so a minimum 900 CFM vent fan needed. Also Vent-A-Hood recommends a 3" overlap of vent width on the left and right. So a 36" rangetop would actually need a 42" vent fan to provide the 3" (per side) overlap.

3) I have to do vent hood rear-duct into the wall, then up or down and out to the outside. So I am looking at vent hoods that can do rear-ducting.

-Gary K

o

I really want to see one of these in person before purchasing. Does anyone know if there are any appliance dealers in the Southeast (Atlanta area) that carries them?

o

Thanks to Christine for helping me figure out how to post photos on here. Here's my 30" NXR installed w the optional center grate. Email if you want any additional pix.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR 30

o

I want to thank all of you for bringing the NXR to my attention, and to discover that I am not the only person driving myself crazy trying to decide on a range! I was ready to buy a 30" Wolf All-Gas, when I came across your postings on the NXR. In Connecticut there are a number of dealers with the NXR stove in their showrooms. Call the distributor, Faxon Sales, at 860.474.1600 (very helpful and knowledgeable) for dealer locations. I have not yet gone to look at one, but plan to in the next day or so.

Question about cleaning- The Wolf, which has the same burners, has a pull-out tray below the cooktop to allow you to clean up spills that leak into the double ring burners. The ancient stove I have now, with open burners, has a similar thing and I know this does happen. What happens to the spills, most likely boil-overs, on the NXR?

And thank you to the person who mentioned that the Berta was too small to fit a 16 lb. turkey. It looked too small to me, but the salesperson insisted it would fit one!

o

Those are the best pics gigi! Thank you so much for posting those.

On the other hand you have made my decision a little harder.

Christine

o

The NXR has sealed burners, so spill overs are not an issue. I have a blue star and am not a fan of its open burners. It is not a nice looking range either.

The NXR seems to be a great deal.

o

A few posts earlier I said we were going to drive to Austin, TX to see the NXRs. Plans have changed.

I'm finding I like the Capital 36" all gas 6-burner unit (w/ self-cleaning), and will probably go with that.

I still like the NXR.

-Gary K

o

Correction to above post ...

Capital 36" we are interested in is not have a self-cleaning feature.

-Gary K

o

The NXR has sealed burners, so spill overs are not an issue. I have a blue star and am not a fan of its open burners. It is not a nice looking range either.
The NXR seems to be a great deal.

Spillovers are an issue. Just a different issue than sealed burners. Gunk gets in the crevice between the buner and the top.

If you are not a fan of its open burners then why get a BS?

That is the whole point.

NXR is made by Chinese Duro which is a subsidiary of Chinese Nexgrill.

I don't have any experience with NXR but I do with Nexgrill Gas SS BBQ products. They rust after a few years.

NXR is for the interior not the backyard but I would still run the other way.

o

The stainless is the same grade as anyone other pro range. I certainly would not worry about rusting. A work associate just bought one. Nice range.

o

I just went to see the 36" NXR tonight at Reno's appliances in NJ. I think it looks great. I like everything except the seams in the three piece top and the fact that the burner grates are not continuous. Trying to decide now between the NXR and the DCS. Anyone have an opinion on the DCS RGT366? I really love the look of it, and the oven is larger, but it is 1000.00 more than the NXR.

o

I have the 30 inch DCS all gas and I am very pleased. I love the center large burner and having all burners have a separate simmer ring. DCS is one range you see very few complaints about.

o

Hi folks-

You asked me to follow up on my service experience with my NXR, so here it is.... the short story is: it was frustrating but in the end they made it right.

I called the service number in the manual. It is a company called Adco that NXR contracts with. I believe they also service Wolf, etc. The office is in the southwest someplace. The repair tech talked to me about the problem and we narrowed it down to (probably) either a bad ignitor or bad safety valve. They did not have a local service guy on file for my state (Maine). After 3 days or so they did find someone local, but informed me that the parts were on backorder. I asked that the parts be shipped directly to me when they arrived, to save the extra day or two.

Every 4-5 days I called to check on the parts. I was told they were coming from overseas and held up in customs. I began to get very frustrated with not having an oven, after the first couple of weeks. After all, it was winter in Maine and I had a freezer full of great grass-fed beef I wanted to roast. Finally one of the guys, when I called, let slip that they were also very frustrated with NXR for not having the parts available. These parts had apprently been backordered for some time.

I decided to go to the source, and tracked down a phone number for NXR. I tracked down the person in their residential range office, a young Chinese guy. He was helpful and nice but did not have the parts. They were apparently still in China! I stressed my frustration and asked him to please do what he could. I did have to call back a few times and pester... but about a week later my parts arrived from him. he sent multiples just to be sure. The local service guy (a restaurant-range repairman) was GREAT, he came the next day and fixed it (it was a bad ignitor). He showed me how to take the cover panel adn door off, and now I can see how super-simple it will be -after its out of warranty- if we ever need replace these parts ourselves. One of the reasons we bought this range was that simplicity and ease of repair (no electronic modules) so that's nice to see.

Interestingly, these parts are marked, Made in the USA. I believe they are made here, then shipped there for assembly in the ranges. I guess someone forgot to keep a stock of them HERE for service calls! Duh!

And then a few days later a package arrived from Adco with another set of the parts. So they followed through as well.

All in all, it was frustrating, but my sense is that it's sort of a growing-pains thing. Hopefully they'll be sure to keep enough parts in the country that this won't happen again. Everyone was very nice and helpful along the way.

And now I have my FABULOUS oven back: yay!!!

I would still definitely recommend this range, even given that service snafu. For the money, I just don't think it can be beat.

o

Strange. Ignitors are for the most part the same parts and interchangeable on most ranges. In NJ, with robust service companies and the local utility fixing ranges too, they would cross reference those parts have have them in stock. There is no way those ignitors would be specific to just NXR.

o

I think you are right and it was the safety valve (which we thought was the most likely culprit) that was on backorder.

Guess we should have had the service guy come look at it in the beginning, huh?

o

I just purchased the NXR 36" from marinrestaurantsupply.com in CA. for $2,799. Includes free shipping and no tax ( outside of Ca.).I decided to take a chance since I haven't actually seen it in person. I've been researching it for a month now. Seems like a great product and I think the price will increase once marketing on it picks up. Hope I like it!

o

Just purchased the NXR 36" six burner oven from marinrestaurantsupply.com. I also researched this thing for about a month and even called ADCO to find out if they had techs in my area (Riverside, Ca.) that could service the oven. They said they had multiple techs so this eased my mind. I've had trouble finding an extended warranty, although GE said they would cover for about $250.00 per year (too much for me). At this time I'll take my chances with the one year warranty. Like jillbee, I hope I like it, but most of all I hope it works as described!!

o

It will be fine. A gas range like this one is really a simple piece of equipment. All gas ranges all share the same basic parts.

o

We purchased the NXR 30", largely on the recomendations of people on this board, site unseen, for $1900. It is now installed in our kitchen, and I think it's terrific-- compared, of course, to an Amana range that was so bad people people filed a successful class action lawsuit in Florida. The baking is very even, my cakes are coming out consistently better than they did before, and I can melt chocolate without having to supervise for fear of burning. I love having all four burners having the same wide range of btu's. We could never have afforded a more expensive stove; what I love about this one is that it allows us to have a really solid stove for not much more than a standard consumer range. We bought a three year extended service warranty from Square Trade for about $170. It seems to be an excellent company. (We were squeamish, having spent over $800 on the Amana after the standard warranty expired...) I had a long series of back and forth emails with NXR service department before purchasing, in part because of Stacy Neils experience, and in part because of my own concerns about buying an "unknown" brand. The guy I corresponded with was lovely, and very helpful. Thanks to all for your thoughtful feedback.

o

Just recieved the 36" range from Ca. and it is beautiful. Really looks just like a viking or Thermador for 1/2 the price!

o

Received and installed our 36" range several days ago. It is a very solid and good looking oven. We remodeled our kitchen over the last few months but nothing has gotten more attention than our oven. It looks much better in person than in photos. The service provided by Josh and marinrestaurantsupply.com was excellent and delivery was timely and professional. You will need a dolly to take it into the house and it is a two person job because it is quite heavy. So far no complaints. I will try the square trade warranty mentioned above.

o

For those of you who worry about a relatively new product like the NXR, Austex Appliance offers a very nice service warranty -

2 Year Warranty $29.99
3 Year Warranty $49.99
5 Year Warranty $99.99
5 Year Warranty for 3 Appliances $199.99
5 Year Warranty for 5 Appliances $299.99

And yes, they carry the NXR ranges - delivery is free in the lower 48. They quoted me 5 days to Arlington VA.

Drew

o

There seem to be some great deals right now, especially on the 36 inch model. I wonder if sales are lower than anticipated. Anyway, the price difference between it and, say, a Capital with the same features is such that we might pull the trigger and end the seemingly endless search for a stove. Good to hear than there seem to be few problems.

o

I've just registered today, but I've been following the NXR range threads here for several months while wrestling with the risk of buying one sight-unseen. These threads have been a great resource!

The pics from Staceyneil and GiGi and comments from satisfied owners have been extremely helpful (thank you all for sharing your experiences). But still, it would be more reassuring to actually lay my eyes (and hands) on an item before paying ~$2,000 for it. I live in Atlanta and the SE regional distributor told me the closest showroom model is in Tampa, FL (his store, and, frustratingly, an 8 hour drive from here).

Despite my reservations, I'm (almost) ready to pull the trigger on the NXR. My wife and I are finishing a modest rehab of the kitchen in our first home (a foreclosure) and the NXR range might be the budget item we decide to splurge on. The pro-look and performance/price ratio certainly appeal when compared to the "better" residential style ranges we've considered (as well as the high-end pro ranges simply outside of our budget). Plus I'm running out of hope that a ridiculous deal for a 30" SS pro range will magically appear on Craigslist in time (lol - too bad I can't use a 36" range, there have been several really good local deals).

That said, a better deal always reduces the feeling of risk. SE1961 - would you mind sharing where you purchased the DRGB3001 for $1,900? The best price I've found is $1,999 (including shipping). If you prefer not to post in the thread please send me an email at:

palesalaryman (at) yahoo (dot) com

I'll happily add my two cents to the collection of NXR threads if I buy one!

Thanks!

Loren

o

Loren, I also is new on this forum and had been eyeing the NXR for months. My local retailer stop sellimg them for a few reason, not selling and really bad service. When to look at one in NJ and was pretty disappointed on the fit and finish. The crate looks really bad to me, it was not straight so it was wobbling on the top, that could be just the display I look at. Also, they wanted more that $2000, more like $2800 shipped which I was really surprise since I know I can get it for $2000 shipped. Anyway, I went and look at something else somewhere else. I ended up buying a floor model Bluestar RNB 30" that is in perfect shape for under $3000. I had to pick up on my own, no shipping which was not a big deal for me. I love it. If you want to see it, check this link. It's the picture with the Orange Bluestar RNB 30", Great price I got....... Sells for over $4000.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg021903402692.html

o

Frankie 1 -

Congrats on a very nice looking range! I really like the Bluestar's open burners - but I have read some unflattering comments about oven performance and durability. Good luck to you and let us know how your purchase works out.

And thanks for your honest impression of the NXR. I REALLY need to see one in person!

Cheers,
Loren

o

I just received a NXR range, shipped to IL from Austin TX. Arrived in 2 days and if I was to use one word to describe packaging it would be "outstanding". I was advised to open and check for damage on arrival, and the driver was getting a little impatient with the time it took. It arrived in perfect condition and will be installed into my kitchen actually today. I read all of the reviews and honestly felt that the NXR was by far and away the very best bang for the buck. I have talked with several dealers and there is just no problems with this range, with the only "concern" being the seams on the surface. I will report back here when I can give a full assessment. I will tell you this, setting in my garage, wrapped in plastic, everyone that has seen it has been totally blown away by it, including the cabinet maker who is very interested in finding out more about it.
Rod

o

Buyer Beware you want to hear a horror story just ask email me or buy one youll find out. Bill the owner of Austex you should be listed as the worst customer service guy in america. Dont believe me just try getting through to duro corp on there web page then youll find out for yourself. LIVE AND LEARN is guess.

o

Well- we've had ours for a year and we still LOVE it. Looks great, cooks great. I could not be happier with our purchase, especially given the price point. I have a lot of details and pics in other threads on this forum.

o

We're considering purchasing the DRGB3001, and appreciate all the input on this link (especially Staceyneil!) We saw one at FlamTech in Chinatown, NYC, and it looks good to me, especially for the price. To address our fear of the unknown, are there any recent service issues from anyone?
We noted that the burners all have an inner and outer ring. Is it correct to assume that the only the inner ring comes on when it's on low, and both when it's on high? Is is as simple as turning the dial to adjust? I know that Bertazzoni has a double dial for adjustment, which seems silly. Thanks!

o

has anyone purchased the color door accesory?? was thinking about ordering the burgandy but curious to see if anyone has any feedback first! thanks.

http://www.durocorp.com/pdf/accessories.pdf

o

I am almost ready to pull the trigger and buy a DRGB3602. I have shopped high and low. The recent strings on this page sound pretty good. Only question I have left is what is the top surface?? Does it clean up easy? Thanks, T

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here