Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love my warming drawer!

Posted by athensmomof3 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 18:40

I know I poured over this board when making appliance decisions - and I think that is why I am happy with all of them:)

I do love my warming drawer though! We entertain a lot (out of town and in town guests the past 6 weekends) and I have found my warming drawer to be indispensible! I used it just this past weekend to warm up some Trader Joe's sourdough bread (wrapped it entirely in foil), and used it the weekend before to keep the fajitas (tortillas and chicken and steak and veggies) warm when we had a house full of guests watching football . . . I was able to cook it at my leisure, put it in the warming drawer and folks could eat when they wanted (earlier for kids and halftime for adults).

I was on the fence about this appliance but it has gotten a workout for the last two months and will get one again tonight - husband is doing a delivery so I will save his plate in it.

I got the Miele because it would fully integrate but if that is not important I think many would do. I do love the lack of sides on the Miele though. . . We kept warm take out barbeque two weeks ago and were able to pick it up before the guests arrived and packed it full:). If you entertain a lot, like we do, I highly recommend!~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love my warming drawer!

I love mine, too! I have a paneled KA bought at a great ebay discount price. DH scoffed at me when I added it towards the end of the reno without really discussing it with him. He predictably said, "I doubt you'll use it. You can do without warming your plates." Now, he loves it. It didn't take long for him to see the benefits. Funny, I've only used it a couple of times solely to warm plates. ;)

o
RE: Love my warming drawer!

So glad to hear you guys love yours! I'm on the fence about getting one. BUT DH is very insistent, he hates cold plates. So we are getting 2, one will be our regular plate storage instead of a dish drawer or in an upper cabinet and one will be for regular use. The salesman I have talked to said his wife does a mean brisket in their warming drawer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here