Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help!! Wolf or Thermador AG??!!

Posted by ImAdogtrainer (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 17:56

Please help me decide which range to order! I've been researching ranges for the last few weeks...my husband is ready to disown me..lol. I've narrowed it down to the Wolf R366 and Thermador PRG366GH. I do a lot of cooking and baking and am looking for reliability and durability. There are things I like about both. I like the semi open burners on the Wolf but I also like the continuous grates and dial that shows the oven temp on the Thermador. I have a few reservations about the Thermador b/c of negative reviews on this site.
So, having said all that...can anyone please tell me what their experiences with these ranges are? Good and bad...
Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help!! Wolf or Thermador AG??!!

I had the GE Monogram 48 inch range top with four burners, the griddle and the grill in my house in Utah. I don't have experience with the Wolf.

One of the things I liked about the GE was that all of the burners were capable of simmering or full blast. You mentioned that you like to use a wok. The GE Monogram has reversible grills that allow you to use a wok without the need for a ring. We got a good deal on our GE products and also purchased the Monogram hood. It really moves some air. If you are planning to cook with high heat and grease, you should definitely get a good hood to go with your cook top.

The griddle is nice. We didn't use it as much as the grill. Living in an area with winter, it was convenient to grill a steak or shish kabob inside.

Two of my neighbors in Utah had the Wolf with a downdraft hood. The Wolf is a very nice cook top. Both of my neighbors complained that the downdraft hoods did not exhaust as much of the cooking odors as they would like.

I don't think you can go wrong with either cook top. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here