Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas range: Frigidaire Gallery, GE Cafe or KitchenAid Pro?

Posted by joeycorp (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 17:48

My head is going to explode trying to decide on a slide-in gas range! I was all set to get the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS, which my mom has and loves. And then for the first time the other day she used the oven/burners at the same time and the metal knobs got blazing, burn-your-hand hot. That's a deal-breaker for me, so unless GE has fixed it, I'm looking elsewhere. Also seems like there are some other issues.

Now looking at the Frigidaire Gallery FGGS3045/65 and the KitchenAid Pro KGSS907XSP. The guys at PC Richard seemed prefer the KitchenAid, but I think it's kind of ugly and I like the matching Frig microwave better.

Anybody have experience of any of the above they'd like to share to help me in my decision?

Thanks, Joanne

P.S. The Frig Gallery Freestanding version of this stove seems to have a lot of very good reviews. There are fewer for the Slide-in, but I think fewer people purchase Slide-ins.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas range: Frigidaire Gallery, GE Cafe or KitchenAid Pro?

I am considering the new GE Profile PGS950SEFSS, which is a double oven slide-in gas range. I considered the Cafe but the Profile seems a little more suited to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here