Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Lacanche Owners!! Please EASE my mind!!

Susied3
13 years ago

My range is scheduled to be delivered sometime during the last two weeks of September.

Excited, and anticipating, I did a google search on Lacanche today to get ideas, pics, anything related to the new beauty.

I stumbled on something I have NEVER seen before. A web site called reviewcentre.com Owners have rated it VERY low, saying it was a bomb, made flimsy, cooked horrible, I was deflated to say the least! There are 13 reviews and it is rated 2 1/2 out of 5. All the reviews were either 5stars or 1 star, so I guess you either love it or hate it!

That's a huge investment, and I bought sight unseen like so many on here, and now, I'm nervous! Any reassurance would sure be appreciated. Or, even if bad, tell me!

Thank you!

Comments (59)

• jill_licious
    12 years ago

Now that some of you who previously posted have your Lacanches...what do you think? I'm on the fence before I get a Cluny. I recently went to the showroom in Washington state and here are some of the things that I'm concerned about:
    -lack of clear designation of temperatures on nobs
    -time it takes to hold down the nobs to turn the stove on (the gas oven nob wasn't working on the showroom model which really scared me)
    -previous posts dated in 2009 regarding the burners unable to simmer at low heat without manually adjusting
    -posts regarding nobs and door getting too hot, or oven heating up the room
    If anyone can ease my mind regarding any of the above I would really appreciate your candid comments.

• cheri127
    12 years ago

I'm not sure I understand some of your concerns. We have the Volnay and the oven knobs are clearly marked every 25 degrees. Haven't noticed a problem with the time it takes to turn them or found that the knobs or oven door gets hot. I've also never had an oven that didn't heat up the room somewhat. But you are right about the simmering. Unfortunately, we don't have a new model with an automatic gas shut off, so the simmer is a real issue for us. When turned down low enough to work well, it frequently self extinguishes resulting in a gas leak. Not good. To protect ourselves from blowing up, we turned our simmers back up to a safer level and bought diffusers (very inexpensive at amazon.com). They work well but it is somewhat disappointing to need them on such an expensive range. Having said that, the burners are truly wonderful, very powerful and effective and the range is gorgeous. I just wish we'd bought a year later when the safety shut off valves were standard. HTH.

• jill_licious
    12 years ago

Thanks Cheril for your quick response! I'm feeling better about taking the plunge.

• devo1
    10 years ago

Hey susie3,

How is it going with your Lacanche? I finally got my own and really want to love it. It's installed (required a huge electrical upgrade) and I'm using it, but have found it - uh - quirky... Burners take forever to ignite, oven doesn't reach high temperature and makes banging sounds as it heats up, grates are uneven/wiggly and simmer is fairly elusive...
    BUT IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Maybe nothing else matters!
    Art Culinaire has tried to be helpful. Apparently service technicians are VERY hard to find in the San Francisco Bay Area. (The last one they sent didn't even know how to turn the oven on!) I am withholding judgement even though I'm frustrated. It works OK, not great for roasting but also no dramatic explosions etc.
    Thus far, it's main value is it's oh - so - beautiful - appearance.

• joeboldt
    10 years ago

devo1,

Sorry to hear about your stove. Ours has never had even one of those issues. Maybe you got a lemon. You sure don't want to spend that much money on something that doesn't work properly. If it was me, I'd talk to them about sending you a new one.

Joe

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

The UK reviews of Lacanche ranges are quite negative. I don't know how the ranges exported to the UK compare to the ones for the U.S., but here are some reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll through

• devo1
    10 years ago

One month laterâ¦

Finally found someone in Half Moon Bay to adjust the burners and oven. That's an hour, or so, drive away. Wow!

Range is better, but still "quirky". Thermocouple's are hit or miss; oven takes 45 minutes to come to 450 degrees; still bangs a bit as it heats up and also seems to steam food rather than roast it. Although the heat pouring out of the oven vent heats up everything near it (as well as the room.)

Burners have lots of power, but don't go low enough to simmer. I know that's a common problem - the reason flame tamers are sold⦠But I expected better.

Overall - it's still the APPEARANCE that really pleases me. Everything else is just OK.

Would I buy it again? I don't know; doubtful.

• Amy Aldrich
    8 years ago

I am about to order a Lacanche and am wondering if any other owners have had the chance to use the new feature of the steamer?

• sjhockeyfan325
    8 years ago

Amy, I'd strongly recommend you start a new thread with your question and an appropriate title. You'll get more responses.

• Amy Aldrich
    8 years ago

thanks, I'm new to houzz

• Todd Miller
    8 years ago

Keep in mind that the British think it's good sport to bash anything French. They are also the worst cooks on earth. Find some reviews from anywhere else.

• Barnaby Hatch
    8 years ago

Sorry to say that I would not recommend a Lacanche for a few well thought through reasons after years of owning one and after years of putting up with it's irritating habits.

The good point: -

Powerful burners with a built in safety mechanism so perfect for professional strength burners in a domestic environment. You'd have to pay an expensive "CORGI" registered gas engineer to install a manual safety cut off if you bought a professional Falcon oven. The griddle plate on the burners works well too.

Bad -

1. The burners seem to stop lighting easily (even after throrough cleaning) and servicing is eye wateringly expensive as only Lacanche engineers can do it and only they can get the spare parts (also eye wateringly expensive).

2. Issues recurr - the control knobs continue to fall off the front even after repair. The oven door does not seal properly very soon after repair. Both things happens within 3 months of each repair which costs between £250 and £350.
    3. The gas oven on my Cormatin is not controllable enough and gives a very uneven heat. My wife is a professional chef. She finds, particulary if you like baking, it is very poor. It burns baked things on top without cooking them through. We have had to get a cheap electric oven to bake with. It will not cook on a low heat either.

4. There is no after sales service that I can find - you are directed to un customer service orientated repair people. Not a nice experience. I don't think Lacanche can be improvign their design much as there is no route back to the designers from users - so they wouldn't know what to improve.

5. The front knobs get too hot to handle when the oven is ignited. This seem such a bad design fault in an expensive oven. Unbelievable.

• Barnaby Hatch
    8 years ago

Old Todd hasn't been to Britain for a while but he shoudl visit. Thee food is good these days with a very high proportion of "michelin" starred restaurants and fantastic pub & restaurant food. Come again - culture moves on. Also I am a francophile who speaks fluent french and studied it at university so no cliche quips please folks. I would argue that as French restaurant cuisine has declined in the last 20 years so British cooking has improved.

• Todd Miller
    8 years ago

You're so right, haven't been to Britain in a while and will never return. France, Germany, Spain is where we go, had a wonderful summer in Germany this year, Mentioning pub and food in the same sentence is laughable. Pub food is atrocious. Other than high end 'Mitch-el-in' restaurants and the ubiquitous Indian and Middle Eastern food, all else is inedible swill.

But I digress, How old is your LaCanche? There have been a few updates in the last couple of years that may have resolved many of your issues.

• PRO
    THE FRENCH BARN - Lacanche Canada
    8 years ago

Barnaby,

It seems that most of your issues should (could) have been corrected with proper service. I would venture to say that your issues #2, #3 and #5 might be related: if the oven door does not seal properly, heat will escape and create hot / cold spots inside the oven. In turn, the knobs will get hot.

The oven hinges have been recently upgraded, and you don't necessarily need a tech to replace them if you're handy yourself.

Re: burners, we only recommend gentle cleaning (soap & water, no polishing). The igniter may need to be moved up or down for better ignition.

We're in Canada, so there is not much I can do for you directly but if you want to email me your contact info at info@french-barn.com , I'll pass your concerns along and see if someone in the UK can get in touch with you.

Patrick

• Kari Walter
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We have owned and used daily our LaCanche Sully 1800 since 2012. I will admit that I chose largely for the looks. I have no clue what an oxtail casserole is but you can be assured that I have never cooked one. We have a family of six and a large extended family. While I still love my range, there are some unexpected cons that I have discovered, though none would prevent me from purchasing this range again.

I recall looking at the Blue Star and while lovelove and certainly exceedingly powerful, there was no waay I could deal with those open burners on a daily basis (see above, family of six, daily use, etc.). So we quickly moved on, the LaCanche was always the dream and once we decided to give up the wall ovens, we had room for the lengthy Sully 1800. Rundown of options: We have a gas and an electric oven (which are satisfactory in size for ANYTHING we have coooked including large turkeys, full prime rib, three racks of cocckies, normal cookie sheet sizes, etc). On the top we have the Clatssique with our two optional 15,000 burners then the cast iron simmer plate over an 18,000 burner. The la planche had just come out and there were no induction, flame grill or multi cooker options at the time. Rather than the la plache, we settles for a cast iron grill plate that covers both of the first two borners and stays out full time It's very heavy and not something you'd want to be moving. The three middle sections are the burners that we use every day and at the far right, over the warming oven, is the simmering plate (comes with a metal cover) - rarely used.

Cleaning of the cooktop is relatively easy - the brushed metal makes it even easier as small imperfections are not noticeable. Cleaning of the ovens, not so much. I really try to keep them clean but they just don't have that sparkling inside, especially on the inside of the doors, and you have to be able to live with that.

Cooking - I would agree with Arte Culinaire that the problem, if any, is that the burners are too powerful. Even the smallest burners are capable of burning a soup or sause rather than simmer. I recognize that I probably should be using the simmer plate for this but sometimes I forget. Do not worry about enough power - this thing sounds like a jet engine when it lights up and it heats up fast.

Ovens: I was worried about the size, these are fine. Electric oven - ust fine. Convection and coil work well. Seem to heat up within a reasonable amount of time. Gas oven - I don't get it. I am not enough of a fussy cook to really know what this does, or why anyone would want it. Someone told me once to cook meat in the gas oven so I have, but I really can't taste any difference when I cook a turkey in each. But its a pain in the rear for other reasons - it is VERY difficult to turn on - no one but me can figure out how to do it (and it takes me several tries to get it right). It takes awhile to heat up and THERE IS NO LIGHT INDICATOR TO SHOW WHEN IT IS HEATED TO THE APPROPRIATE TEMPERATURE. This is so annoying and frankly just stupid.

Maintenance - Here's the kicker, and again I speak only from my particular experiennce. We had an igniter go out within a couple years so the burners would not light. I believe it was just outside the warranty period but LaCanche covered that parts and labor anyway. Very nice. Then - we had a grease fire in the gas oven (Some grease splashed out while removing a roast) - and some temperature gauage or something melted. Long and short, this caused an almost $800 repair. At the same time, we had to repair the hinges on the electric oven door as it no longer stayed shut. These are simple hinges, and yet they were $200 apiece ($400 total). Seems a bit excessive. I have no idea if this is the norm, but this is what we experienced. So of the $1200, I suppose $800 was our "fault" but as I was unable to order a range without two electric ovens, I believe somme of the fault lies with LaCanche. I couldn't care less if others deem me less of a "chef" to want 2 electric ovens -I'm just a mom cooking for family and friends and it would be much easier to do so without the extra hassle of the gas oven.

All that said - it is still a gorgeous show piece and the center of our kitchen. Sometimes I forget how pretty it is until others see it for the first time. I chose black and even with all of the other colors I think I would still choose black. I have had other ranges and after many years have not put anywhere near as much money in repairs as I have for this one (nor did they function as well or look so good - so I suppose it's a trade off that I am willing to make.)

• L K
    5 years ago

Many thanks to all LaCanche owners for sharing your experiences and perspectives. I'm considering a Chagny 1400 for our kitchen remodel and it's an expensive / nerve wracking decision so I'm reading everything I can get my hands on to better understand the pros and cons. I'll keep checking this post for more updates.

• Todd Miller
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

2 years in on our Cluny. We have had no problems whatsoever. No hot handles or knobs, no gasket problems, no hinge problems, no igniter problems. We love this stove. So much better than the high end stainless stuff at stores. LaCanche is the same price as any of the well known names.

Make sure you put the spacer behind during the install. LaCanche is clear about this. The burners are hot, even turned down. If you want to simmer, use the French plate! My wife struggles to light to gas oven, I light it no problem every time. She watches me, yet can't do it. Go figure.

• Carole Stone
    5 years ago

I have a beautiful blue hood and range. I find the oven needs a light and a window. Also, the oven racks are not very solid like those you would find in a Viking or Wolf in the US.

• Ole Jacobsen
    5 years ago

We have a Lacanche Cote D'Or, bought in 2004 at vast expense, but it did look good. The best that can be said about it is that it still works, but I almost wish it didn't so we could get shot of it! Like some of the previous contributors, it burns but doesn't cook through, the gas oven occasionally turns itself off so we generally use the electric one, the doors don't shut properly they hang open a couple of inches which makes the the controls hot, we use a broom handle to keep it shut which always amuses guests. The seals shrink, and the doors themselves have split around the hinges and the rail is permenantly loose, it has the feel of something made in eastern europe in the '70s, for the cost of repair for all of these faults we could buy a small house in the country! So we're just waiting for it to expire. My Sister who is a professionally trained chef also bought one around the time we did and paid even more for hers than we did ours and hated it. I believe that the current crop are better, they couldn't get any worse, but would never buy another one on principle.

I couldn't read all these comments without replying to Todd's chip; To describe any other country's cooking as bad when the 'food' in America is so appalling is laughable and it's still baaaaad unless you want burgers and pizza's all the time or suger saturated ribs it's all loaded with sugar and salt, cultural vacuum as far as food is concerned. Also as Barnaby says the food in general in France has been declining for a while, you have to look a lot harder but it's still there, and the food in England has improved massively, on a very basic level there was a time when driving through France that we'd look forward to eating at an autoroute services they were so good! Now we avoid them except for coffee and Vienna bread (the best are now in Switzerland and Denmark) the food in UK services is now passable when it was terrible, most pubs are good, some excellent otherwise they wouldn't survive. But I have to disagree with Barnaby on one count don't bother going back Todd they won't miss you and incidently it's pronounced 'miche_ lan' bit like Van Gogh isn't pronounced 'van go' thats what you tell a delivery driver who talks too much.

• Susied3
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We got ours in January 2012. I use it nearly every day. My largest complaint comes from a couple years ago. I have NEVER used the bottom drawers for anything other than storage of the broiler pan. I clean them periodically and I went to clean them one day and much to my horror the bottom of one was completely rusted out. i called them about getting a replacemenT. The customer service has really declined is what I've noticed more than anything. We had a grate that was wobbly and they replaced it and sent us a case of wine for their appreciation and apologies for inconvenience. When I sent them pictures of the rusted out drawer, it was very differenT. They had never seen such a thing and I must have done somethinG. Well, they offered me a used drawer from the warehouse and the price for it was more than a NEW one! I still have no idea how a supposedly baked enamel drawer rusted.

• mc_p
    5 years ago

I have a Sully c. 2010. We've never had any problems whatsoever. It took me a year to learn to cook well on it; longer to learn to bake with it. We completely love it. The burners burn a little hotter than one expects (heat spreaders are a necessary item) but are really great; the ovens are superb, both gas and electric.. In fact, a friend who is a professional baker house-sat for us last month and was raving about how great the ovens are. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

• HU-794674235
    5 years ago

Having spent the best part of 5 times the amount we would spent on a replacement for ourRangemaster I can honestly this product and its support is shocking. This is not a professional cooking range, it is not superior in any facet compared to a “real” professional range. It is a matter of style over substance. It constantly burns the bases of ANYTHING you attempt to cook within the gas oven, if You turn the temperature below the recommended level it takes an eternity to cook anything, try to cook cakes or anything remotely delicate and disaster ensues. The electric oven is marginally better but isn’t as effective as far less expensive manufacturers. As far as service is concerned it is truly dismal, in fact the engineer is proving to be quite rude to my wife (we have ongoing issues, even after 18 months, they delivered the thing with chips Out of the enamel! With the distributor informing us the delay on delivery was as a result of them undertaking checks prior to delivery. Would I ever by the product again? Never in a million years.

• PRO
    Lacanche USA
    5 years ago

Bonjour HU-794674235 !

Firstly, we are so sorry to hear of your experience, this is truly not the norm. While there is definitely a learning curve to working with a Lacanche Range, and the initial burner-power is something to also get accustomed to, it does sound as if your ovens are in need of calibration.

Are you in the American market perchance?

A Lacanche should not only be beautiful showpiece in the home, but the reason it is a favorite of so many chefs is its unwavering power and stability. Cooking on the Range should be nothing but a delight, and we are here to help when technical issues arise.

Please let us know where your Range is located and we can try and remedy from there.

Very happy cooking, et merci ~

Blair | Lacanche US

blair@frenchranges.com

• PRO
    5 years ago

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your kinds words!

I'll just address a couple things re: your gripes for those following this thread who might be interested in purchasing a Lacanche range now.

All of our ovens now have an interior light, following feedback just like yours in the past. The racks have also been upgraded and feel / slide a lot better now. In regards to the simmer capabilities, the smaller 5k BTU / 1.5kW burner can work for most cases. If it's not low enough, the simmer plate accessory (or the smooth griddle!) is indeed the best way to achieve very low heat.

Our current convections ovens have only 1 fan in the back, combined with a dedicated heating element for "true convection".

It is always a great pleasure to receive feedback from professional chefs and all Lacanche owners, Merci!

Patrick

• Phil Hughes
    3 years ago

I really want a lacanche macon with the traditional top. I can't find any other manufacturer that makes this kind of cooktop (at least that is available in the UK.) I have found MOST if the comments very informative but its a pity about the 'Brit-bashing'. Seriously I can't imagine anyone spending thousands of pounds on a french cooker just in order to slate it.

• Bob Hockey
    3 years ago

I have a specific question that I am hoping some Lacanche owner may be able to help with. When we acquired our Cluny about 15 years ago we bought a number of accessories, including this beast (very heavy cast iron, with deeply recessed stainless steel lid). I vaguely recall using it a bit in the early days, but can't remember what for! Does anyone know what it is called and how it is meant to be used? I can't find t on the Lacanch site anywhere. Thanks, Bob

• Martin Markovitz
    3 years ago

Hi Bob, It's a roasting pan. Great for doing a standing rib roast. You throw some veggies in at the end, let the roast sit and give off juices after cooking, and then deglaze the pan with wine or stock or both to make a jus or gravy. Oven roast potatoes. Make a huge lasagna! Brown bones for veal stock. Wet roast a rolled shoulder of beef or pork butt. Have fun!

• lortaz
    2 years ago

My LeConche stove is 5 years old and has NEVER worked. If you want something that looks beautiful if your kitchen, then get it. If you think you may want to cook anything, forget it.

• joeboldt
    2 years ago

It's probably annoyed at you that you can't spell Lacanche!

• lortaz
    2 years ago

I just realized that and was trying to find out how to edit my post. Thanks! I’m busy opening and closing both my gas and electric ovens while baking because they have a mind of their own and fluctuate 200 - 250 degrees depending on their mood.

• Martin Markovitz
    2 years ago

Hi lortaz. When I see comments such as yours, I have to ask myself, "are there two Lacanche factories?" Why has mine been a dream since 2009 and others have less satisfied opinions? (How's that for diplomacy?)

The thermostat thing should be simple to fix. Are they not able to service your range correctly? If you set it at 350 degrees, does it go up to 500 and then back down to 250 during the same session?

• Carole Stone
    2 years ago

I have a house in Burgundy with a beautiful Lacanche that I love and it is a dream for cooking. Yes, wish I had the oven light, but I will survive. I also have the matching blue hood, magnificent!!! Like having a beautiful painting in our kitchen.

• PRO
    2 years ago

@lortaz, this type of temperature fluctuations are almost certainly due to a failing thermostat, so I would encourage you to contact your local distributor to take care of this. Having your range range work as it should is worth the inconvenience of scheduling a service call :)

@Martin Markovitz, the one and only Lacanche factory is in the namesake village in Burgundy ;)

• Martin Markovitz
    2 years ago

@The French Barn

Thanks. I knew that. I was just being facetious.

• lortaz
    2 years ago

Martin Markovitz - yes, I agree there is something failing. The first 3 years we had repair people at our house multiple times. During that time, replaced the thermostat, along with an igniter and also another part to stop our stove from vibrating so hard we thought it was going to walk across the kitchen - fun! You would think a thermostat would last more than a couple of years. You would think that paying TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS for a stove that it would work correctly.
    One of the repairman said that the reason we (and many others) were having so much trouble with our stoves was that the company’s son took over around 2015 and changed things and it didn’t work out so well. We ordered our stove in 2016 and it was delivered in 2017. That may be why those who have older stoves love them, and others like me have been “less than satisfied.”

• Martin Markovitz
    2 years ago

Hi, lortaz. My sympathies with your problems. That's a very interesting point about the son taking over. I wonder if the year of manufacture corresponds in any way to satisfaction. I am sure that the professional Lacanche dealers like @The French Barn will want to step in at this point and give you their advice. They care greatly about their product and service.

Are you in America? What could be vibrating like that? A convection oven fan?

• PRO
    2 years ago

@lortaz,

I am very surprised to hear what your repairman had to say, and I wonder where they get their information from as far as "things changed and it didnt work out so well". If referring to Lacanche, the original owner's son has been involved in all aspects of the factory for 20+ years now, so there was no drastic changes made when he formally took over. There might have been some changes on Art Culinaire's side also, however based on my dealings with them, I don't see this being an issue either.

Based on my experience in Canada (same ranges / production line as the US) for the past 10 years, the overall quality of the ranges has continuously improved and systems / parts that were either problematic or not so easy to use have been phased out. The gas oven controls for example did change in 2015, and if anything the new system is much easier to use and more reliable.

Of course, I understand that this doesn't mean much to you at this time. There is obviously something not right with your range, but it has nothing to do with either companies' ownership. While our ranges are fairly simple from a technical standpoint, having the right technician to investigate and diagnose the issue is just as important.

Patrick

• User
    2 years ago

@lortaz We are truly sympathetic to any of your difficulties or issues regarding the function, usage, or performance of your Lacanche range. This is why our after-sales support is here for you. However, in order for us to effectively assist each of your concerns, could you let us know where you are located so we can verify the product you purchased and get the appropriate help to you? Feel free to message me offline with your contact information at Kristen@frenchranges.com, Customer Care, Art Culinaire • Lacanche USA

• HU-664069373
    last year

Looking for first class....La Canche servicing, Repairs, parts.

Get in touch with Bill. ( EX.. La Canche Engineer) scottsrangecookers@outlook.com

He Repaired my La Canche at considerably less than FDF.

Gave me brilliant advice on how to use my range. Properly.

• John H
    last year

Where is he located?

• Martin Markovitz
    last year

Hi all. Here is the highest recommendation anyone can give to Lacanche. I just ordered my second Vougeot for my new house in Italy

• dkuncio
    10 months ago

Hi all! I live in the US - moving from New Jersey and building a new home in SE North Carolina - the centerpiece of which is to be a Lacanache range. I wouldn’t be worried having service be available in the NY/NJ metro area, however, I am now very concerned about service here. Any thoughts/advice/suggestions??

Donna

• PRO
    10 months ago

@dkuncio, Art Culinaire has technicians across the US, I am sure they have someone in North Carolina nearby.

https://www.frenchranges.com/technical-support/service-warranty/

You can enter your ZIP here and check.

• HU-931886775
    2 months ago

We bought a Lacanch 2 years ago. Won't do so again.

Doors ooze moisture that drips onto the floor when the oven is on. This could be due to the seals which, despite being brand new are rubbish quality, with a rubbish mechanism holding them in place, leading to them gaping abd sagging.

When the top grill is opened, the heat rushes out onto metal controls making them dangerously hot to touch....

Just very poor quality for the money

• Martin Markovitz
    2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that. I have no problems with my ovens but bought a second Lacanche for my new home. I'll let everyone know how that one performs when it is installed. hope that I did not just get lucky with the one I have now.

• clinresga
    2 months ago

I've chimed in before, but I'd join Martin with our vote of confidence--our second Cluny 1400 is in our garage awaiting final installation at the lake house. Our original is nearly 15 years old and despite the "older technology," has been nothing but a delight from the start. Ditto for our dealings with Art Culinaire--superior support.

The reports of problems are so odd and random-- HU-931886775 reports moisture oozing onto floor from oven? Since these are not combi steam ovens, what is the source of this moisture you are experiencing? In all my 68 years of cooking on dozens of ovens including some of the crappiest rental ovens imaginable, I've never experienced water dripping out of an oven under any circumstance. I'm very interested to see what you think the source of this copious moisture is.

Similarly, lortaz reports needing "another part to stop our stove from vibrating so hard we thought it was going to walk across the kitchen." What part of this range could vibrate hard enough to walk a 500 pound range across the floor? The only real moving part would be the convection fan, which is a relatively tiny device that could not possibly move 500 pounds. Am I missing something here?

• Martin Markovitz
    2 months ago

HU-931886775 Are you talking gas or electric? Gas has more moisture than convection that's why roasts are suggested to be cooked in the gas side of a dual fuel range.