Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch dishwasher door wobbles a little

Posted by valerieann2 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 16:50

We have a Bosch dishwasher, model SHX5AL, bought about 4 or so years ago. It's great (if a little small) but recently I noticed that when I close the door, even if not completely, the door seems to wobble a little. My husband says his usual, "Don't worry about it," but I wonder if there's some way to tighten it. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch dishwasher door wobbles a little

Ha, I hear you on that! That damn dishwasher door would have to fall completely off before my DH would worry about it! No Bosch ( I would love to have 1 of their new ones)- but I own a 4 year old KA & the door squeaks horribly & the racks are a battle to pull in & out! Don't we just love (hate) our appliances?

o
RE: Bosch dishwasher door wobbles a little

Wobbling is not normal.

Can anything be done to fix it?

Sure. But I'm not clear what you mean by wobbling.

Are you saying that the top catch is a bit loose so the door does not seal tight? That is a worn or loose door latch assembly.

Or is the door wobbling side-to-side and up-and-down from the bottom? That would (most likely) be a worn, broken or loose door hinge on one side or the other of the inside base of the door.

If it is either one of those things, it will get worse over time and soone or later the door will leak.

First step for me would be to use the full model number to see if I could find a parts diagram at a site like Sears Parts Direct. That will give me an idea of how the thing works and how easy (or hard) it may be to get into the assembly.

I also would search at youtube. A quick pass turned up these videos which might help visualize the possible problems and solutions.

Latch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gub9I5RFeiI

Hinge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NjwCZHfI8

Or, you could just call an appliance repair service.

If memory serves (it usually does, but not always), I think the door mechnicals only have standard 1-year-from-purchase warranty. Have a look at your owner's manual, though, just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 13:34

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here