Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drewem_gw

So what brand of Fridge would you reccommend?

drewem
11 years ago

I've been looking at reviews for fridges. According to them, some brands have bad ice makers. Some brands are loud...etc etc. It seems like there is fault with all.

So my question is what brands do you like? Currently we have a LG which has been fine. We need a new one for the new build.

Not going to spend over 3.5-4k on a fridge. We need washer/dryer too and they will be electrolux.

Don't need them until spring next year, just thinking/researching ahead!

Comments (9)

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

Love our Kenmore Elite badged Samsung SxS CD fridge. i've seen some bad reviews on the icemakers, but ours has been perfectly fine. My grandparents also went with Samsung in a FD CD model and love theirs too. The only time we hear our fridge is when it dumps the ice into the ice bin--but I think that's pretty common no matter the brand.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Elite Badged Samsung CD SxS Fridge

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

If you're going for capacity, nothing beats the new 32 cu ft Samsung french door. They have a pretty good reputation for customer satisfaction and quality. And by the time you are ready to purchase, it should have been out long enough to be able to get some actual reviews on it rather than just the line.

• iammstuck zone 5
    11 years ago

We are heading out today to look at the Kenmore. We currently have a Frigidaire fridge and stove...both are junk. Our fridge repairman said a lot of the newer models have a separate control for the fridge and freezer so when one side goes out the other does not. The Kenmore seems to have some good reviews.
    I have a Kenmore freezer that is currently 25 years old and still going strong. Oh to dream of back in the days when they built things to last!

• blueiris24
    11 years ago

Love our Samsung fridge- freezercbottom, two doors on top- Its great

• dadoes
    11 years ago

Friends of my sister have a Samsung, terrible time getting it (warranty) serviced. It went out on July 6. Control panel changed, no joy. Compressor pending replacement, delayed several times. Was scheduled for 8/29 last I heard, but I assume it was delayed again.

I know this because they borrowed my spare/garage refrigerator to use in the interim, and I don't yet have it back. They are very frustrated with the service, and embarrassed at still having my unit going now into the 10th week.

• drewem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all very much! I'll continue to look, but it's always helpful to know which brands to take a closer look into!

• dadoes
    11 years ago

A follow-up on my sister's friends with the bum Samsung refrigerator ...

The unit is still not working after at least two repair attempts under warranty, many phone calls and much frustration. They have given up the battle and bought a new refrigerator, presumably NOT a Samsung.

• lee676
    11 years ago

Both Samsung and LG jumped into the American market feet first before getting a decent parts and service infrastructure in place. Their appliances IME are decently reliable, and often are nicely designed (LG especially) but too often there isn't an adequate supply of people knowledgeable in repairing their stuff, and parts can take long to arrive, etc.

• Octang
    11 years ago

I love Samsung refrigerators. They offer more models with dual evaporators than any other brand at that price point. They would be the first brand I look at.

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung Refrigerator Reviews