Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive countertop oven recomendations....

Posted by bkmena (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 16:40

I am shopping for a counter-top oven (toaster oven). I would like to use it as second oven if necessary (I have a great full sized convection oven-but an extra would be nice at Thanksgiving and other large meals) and for broiling sandwiches, cooking frozen snacks, etc. I would like for it to be large enough to actually cook something in normal sized cookware. It will sit in my panty that is adjacent to my kitchen so I'm not worried about the space it will take up on my counter.
I've read on this site and several others that the Breville Smart Oven is the best....it is also quite pricey. Does anyone have any recommendations for such an oven that are more economical. Or should I just save up for the Breville?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive countertop oven recomendations....

A month ago, we bit the bullet and bought the Breville 'Compact' Smart toaster-oven after reading discussions here and the reviews all over the Internet. We have been quite pleased with it, so far. I use it daily and hope it will serve us well for a looong time.

I used one of BB&B's 20% coupons to buy it. It is pricey, but we are impressed with the build quality, the rack, etc..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here