Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best way to vent - top or back?

Posted by momo7 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 16:34

Maybe there isn't a best but I thought I read somewhere in my exhaustive research that through the top was best. But if I did, I can't find it again.
Vent-a-hood spec's say the equivalent cfms are slightly higher if it's top vented.
In my case the range hood will be on the outside wall of a two story house. It can either go straight out the back or through the top, up a couple of feet, or so, and then turn to go outside through the wall. I don't think any studs or anything else will be in the way. The size of the rectangular duct (the back) is the same size as the round duct (for the top).
Does it matter which I pick?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best way to vent - top or back?

putting the 90* bend in your pipe would do more to negatively impact the performance than going straight out the back.

o
RE: Best way to vent - top or back?

Thank you, weedmeister, out the back it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here