Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best for my budget appliances

Posted by MFatt16 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 16:31

My total budget for my kitchen is $6600.

I have an LG French door SS fridge already. I am building new so sizes are somewhat arbitrary. Here is what I want:

36" induction cooktop (no access for gas)
under cabinet hood for cooktop
Double wall oven
Microwave
Dishwasher

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best for my budget appliances

Thats a tight budget but not out of question. Best IMHO

NIT5665UC - Bosch 36" induction. Big rebates on an Excellent cooktop

HBL3550UC - Bosch Double Oven. Big rebates
OR
JT5500SFSS - GE Double Oven (Self Cleaning Racks!)

KUDS30IXSS - Kitchenaid dishwasher - quiet, large, reasonably priced. Can get quieter
SHE53TL5UC - Bosch Dishwasher - good value, VERY quiet, new larger interior (rebates to)

This should hit you for under $5500. That leaves $1000 or so for hood and microwave. Stick with non name brand hoods (broan, faber, XO, ventahood if you can swing it) and you'll be pretty well set.

Microwaves are microwaves. Sharp makes a nice one for not much money. The GE's are ok too.

Plus you should net at least a few hundred $ in rebates to bring you to down pretty well

o

That $1k can very likely buy you a quiet yet powerful Kobe hood. I have a 30 in Chx 191 series, last years model, and got it at Xmas for about $550. Love it! The 36 in looks like it's under $700.

o

Also, I think if you buy multiple Bosch appliances you will get a larger rebate so that is something to consider when purchasing the dishwasher, cooktop, and ovens.

If your cabinets allow for it, you may want to consider the dreaded OTR microwave. They have been the bane of my existence, but usually in places where they had to recirculate rather than vent outside. I think they have nicer models that vent outside. This would save you some money, if it's a compromise you can make.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here