Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there anything to do with scratch on glass cooktop?

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 16:07

DH recently made breakfast, when I cleaned up noticed a 3inch scratch. Is there anyway of fixing this? I can't stand how it looks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there anything to do with scratch on glass cooktop?

If the glass itself is scratched, then no, there is no "cure". However, it's not that easy to scratch glass cooktops. What type of pan did he use? It should be smooth on the bottom with no burrs and you should wipe up any crystalline substances that get spilled like salt or sugar and not set pans on top of them. A lot of times, you can get metal marks on glass that are actually the metal rubbing off on the glass, similar to the grey marks you get in a white porcelain (fused glass) sink. They will come off with Barkeeper's Friend. Be sure to rinse it well and remove any residue after cleaning.

o
RE: Is there anything to do with scratch on glass cooktop?

I have no idea how DH did it, the pan is flat and smooth, only saw the end result, a scratch in the glass, that extends pass the burner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here