Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau convection oven -automatic stut off

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 16:01

Hoping some gaggenau oven owners will chime in here..

Does the Gaggenau oven not have an automatic shutoff? I am quite perplexed by the manual and am not able to figure this out. Sometimes I like to start some lowheat slow roast stuff like tomatoes halves that go for 3 hours or so and an automatic snuff is critical to stopping at roasted an not charred.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau convection oven -automatic stut off

I have the previous generation Gagg.

It has auto shutoff. Can't imagine a reason why they would remove the feature on the current generation.

I can tell you how to do it but that is probably not useful for the new one.

o

Hi Dee,

Mine is an older model 27in oven as well (EB291630) with the dials on the right and the icon display. I am sure it is user error. The darn manual is no use at all as it is super cryptic and not clear on instructions.

Lalitha

o

The top level of the timer has 4 positions. Timer, stopwatch, duration timer and cooking time end. You move between these using the top level buttons on the display. Use the middle buttons to set the time and touch the return button at the bottom left to start the timers. It's pretty straightforward and well explained.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here