Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microwave & Toaster are on Fritz...+ I want a 2nd oven...SOO

Posted by tntw (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 16:01

I started wondering if there was an appliance that could replace both the toaster and microwave and possibly work as an overflow oven??

For <$1k; ideally <$500

Ideally I'd put it in my island...currently my toaster sits out and my microwave is in the pantry...but I think I'd like counter cleaner and pantry for more pantry stuff. ;O)

we mainly use microwave for defrosting, and quick reheating. We use toaster for [wait for it] toast and toaster streudel, melted sandwiches, etc.

I have a Heartland Range and always wish I had room for a double oven but I do not. Most of the time I can get by but it would be great to be able to cook side dishes in another oven. Or perhaps even not have to wait so long for my range to get to temp.

I boil water in microwave but also on stove. No biggie there.

Thanks for any ideas...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
forgot to add the Breville Oven appeals...

it's certainly affordable [$250 or <].

other ideas?

o
RE: Microwave & Toaster are on Fritz...+ I want a 2nd oven...SOO

This wouldn't address the microwave issue, but I have a double oven range that I absolutely LOVE. I use the top, smaller oven every day - it preheats super fast, and it also has a toast setting (enabled us to get rid of the toaster). This pic is of our old house, but it's a good pic of the range. In that kitchen, we had a shelf for the microwave right next to the range, as you can see, which freed up counter space. At first I thought I wouldn't like the microwave up so high, but it worked fine for us (no higher really than an OVR micro).
Anyway, this might not be exactly what you had in mind (we have a pretty low-budget kitchen compared to the kitchens on this site!), but thought it might be helpful.

o
thanks

i wish I had considered the double oven ranges when I remodeled but sigh I didn't. can't justify changing that lol.

o
thanks

i wish I had considered the double oven ranges when I remodeled but sigh I didn't. can't justify changing that lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here