Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf AG range - outside too hot

Posted by nineteenoeight (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 15:55

Wondering if the heat my new Wolf oven (30" AG range) puts out is normal.

I am having some trouble with what I think is excessive heat on the front top when the oven is on for more than an hour.
How hot should the metal piece in front of the burners & the panel the knobs sit on get? I put an instant thermometer on the top piece and it read 120 degrees. The range heats up the kitchen too, unpleasantly - far more than my GE ever did.

The service technician came out and said the seal was fine, but the door was out of whack. He adjusted the door and when he turned on the oven it seemed fine.

But within an hour, the range was hot to stand at, and very hot to touch.

Is this normal or should I have him come back?

(The handle is cool to touch, most of the heat is the panel behind the knobs and the metal piece above the knobs)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf AG range - outside too hot

Below is a 2011 GW thread on this topic with some handy advice.

While the dual stack semi-open burners are soon to be discontinued, I'm considering a Wolf AG 366 purchase but only if there is a price drop soon. Lots of nice ranges out to choose from.

Here is a link that might be useful: wolf range problem-hot door surface

o

Thank you! I had found the thread about the hot door - my door heat seems reasonable, it is more the surfaces above the door, as if the oven is leaking air upwards.
Interesting, though, that 201 degrees is considered ok by Wolf.
Wondering if anyone has similar experience or if their ranges are only warm on top when the oven is on.

o

Hi--

I am having the exact same issue as the original poster. New kitchen, new range. Hot! Wolf repairman came and said it was normal.

Anything change for you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here