Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bosch induction 3065

Posted by cyalexa (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:45

I hope to buy the above referenced cook top but have been unable to get certain details regarding its installation. I have called about 8 appliance stores and none have one on their showroom floor. Further, Bosch customer service department cannot tell me where to find one in my state nor can they look at one for me to answer my question.

The installation guide shows the dimensions of the cook top surface but not the box to which the glass is attached, ie. the surface that actually rests on the counter top. I need that measurement to determine if the current cut out in my counter is too big.

If you have a bosch NIT3065UC and would be so kind as to measure the length of glass that is protruding past the box on both the long and short sides, I would be very grateful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bosch induction 3065

I thought it would be weird that the Bosch Website didn't have the cutout dimensions so I looked and its under the Specs tab. Required cutout size (HxWxD) (in) 4 1/8'' x 28 3/4'' x 20''
There is also an illustration link on the same page that opens a window with the illustration of the cutout.
It looks like you can download the install manual also.

Here is a link that might be useful: NIT3065UC specs page

o

Hi jakvis,

Yes, thank you, I have the cut out dimensions and installation manual. What I also have is a cut out that is bigger than those cited by Bosch. I am trying to determine if I need to have something fabricated out of stainless to fit into the cut out to make the opening smaller.

If the part of the Bosch cook top that is immediately under the glass is essentially the same size as that under the glass of my current Kenmore I'm in good shape. That's why I'm trying to get a measurement of the size of the glass overhang - so I know the size of the part of the Bosch that is actually in contact with the counter.

o

In the past I've found that ther minimum cutout size is just barely bigger than the metal box under the glass.

o

The glass rests on the counter. You need enough of the glass resting on the counter to adequately support the cooktop. You must make your cutout to the measurements specified in the installation manual or you will be asking for trouble. Make your opening smaller.

o

Thank you alice.

Do you have this cook top and if so, how do you like it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here