Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE customer service

Posted by lynn566 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 15:34

I am building a new home and found from friends the GE Advantium oven would be the ideal piece of equipment. After spending weeks researching the oven and matching products, I have found GE clearly does not want to sell appliances, or at least that is how it seems. The profile line is apparently undergoing a design change so my trouble began when I went to order the appliances and suddenly the model numbers could not be found. After an exhausting search at many appliance centers it was clear that the "new units" had new numbers but .........how do we secure that number? Should be easy right, not a chance I can only find the new numbers one one Internet dealers site, not on the GE website. So I do what all smart people would do I reached out to GE as I would prefer my advantium unit and convection unit to match. Well after 3 canned responses from GE regarding my search for matching appliances it became obvious this company really is not interested in my kitchen design or giving me any information regarding where I could find or when I could find matching units. I would appreciate any recommendations regarding my selections, is the ADVANTIUM oven worth this much trouble?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE customer service

Most(almost unanimously) here will tell you that your primary concern should not be matching appliances but getting the BEST appliances within your budget.

The 240 volt Advantium is pretty sweet.

The 120 volt not so much.

o
RE: GE customer service Advantium products

I am stretching the budget with the 240 volt Advantium. Thanks for your input!

o

We have had our Advantium 240 V for just a few weeks, but it is awesome.

I have yet to be caught in the middle of a product redesign where this type of issue didnt happen. From what I've seen posted here, it's a significant change in look, not just tweaking a few features to be incrementally better. I don't think it's a GE specific issue (obviously with this line it is, but I mean in general), so I wouldn't hold it against them too much.

If you look around, there may even be some of the current/old design on clearance somewhere. Especially floor models.

o

I hope GE is making major changes in the Profile line. I have a wall oven that is most unreliable when the control buttons are pressed because the self-clean feature messes up the connections in the control panel. Have been waiting for it to fail so I have an excuse to get an Electrolux with so many features that GE does not have for a modest increase in cost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here